HubSpot Ideas

asmeal12

Globally Manage Users Notification Preferences

[7/7/2022 Update]

Since this post has continued to receive upvotes and comments, I wanted to take a moment to update my original post to clarify this is now live for Enterprise users.

Learn More: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-notification-profiles

If any HubSpot admins reading this need guidance & best practices around other operational aspects of HubSpot, feel free to reach out www.growth-operations.com

Hi Team!

I understand the "profile & preferences" area within HubSpot is meant to be user-specific, meaning someone logged in to a HubSpot account as a user would be able to manage their personal preferences without alterting those of a team member.

That said - I think there is an opportunity to give admins / super admins control over their team and/or all users within an account, so they can ensure all team members are receiving key notifications to the places they need to receive them (and on the flip side, that there isn't too much noise from irrelevant notifications). The idea here is to give certain people within an account the permission necessary to make global changes to all users / groups of users to ensure everyone is receiving the notifications they need, without each user having to manually manage their own preferences.

Thanks for your consideration!

87 Replies
KHastings
HubSpot Employee

Agree that this would be a great feature for all subscriptions to have access to - not just Enterprise

lverhagen
Participant

I am highly dissapointed this feature is still only available for Enterprise users. Every user gets so many unnessecary, annoying notifications for them. About API keys, social media connections.. Completely spam to them. Also we don't use the contactowner notifications, only the deal notifications. But I can't turn it off for my users, and not all of them are that handy with the software. 

I think every Super User should be able to manage everything in the users preferences for their users, not just the ones that can afford Enterprise. 

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

@lverhagen Notification Profiles will soon be opened to Pro users as well. Stay tuned! 😀

TBishop65

This doesn't really help. Notification Profiles can turn notifications ON for Preset user groups and roles, but cannot turn existing user settings OFF.

Everyone in the firm gets notifications for every conversion, including executives, who send emails asking who's following up with the lead. Everyone agrees it's too much, so they look to me to fix it so they're not notified every time.

As a Super Admin, I can't tell them they have to do it themselves. That's the wrong answer. They assume I don't know how to use HubSpot. This needs to be something I can turn OFF for every user, individually and by group. 

JenniferErena
Contributor

@TBishop65 , that is a good point.  There are users who need things done for them for the best outcome.  Also, it takes a LOT of time walking them through something they don't want to manage or will not remember next time. 

TBishop65

@JenniferErena the good news is I found a way around it by editing each form, where notifications can be removed under the "Options" tab, however those users will still get notifications from everything else.

bcf
Participant

Yes this would be great as being the admin of the sofware.

I shouldn't have to rely on the users to add or change settings in Hubspot