HubSpot Ideas

asmeal12

Globally Manage Users Notification Preferences

[7/7/2022 Update]

Since this post has continued to receive upvotes and comments, I wanted to take a moment to update my original post to clarify this is now live for Enterprise users.

Learn More: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-notification-profiles

If any HubSpot admins reading this need guidance & best practices around other operational aspects of HubSpot, feel free to reach out www.growth-operations.com

Hi Team!

I understand the "profile & preferences" area within HubSpot is meant to be user-specific, meaning someone logged in to a HubSpot account as a user would be able to manage their personal preferences without alterting those of a team member.

That said - I think there is an opportunity to give admins / super admins control over their team and/or all users within an account, so they can ensure all team members are receiving key notifications to the places they need to receive them (and on the flip side, that there isn't too much noise from irrelevant notifications). The idea here is to give certain people within an account the permission necessary to make global changes to all users / groups of users to ensure everyone is receiving the notifications they need, without each user having to manually manage their own preferences.

Thanks for your consideration!

87 Replies
mwood5107

Yes! Need this!

JenniferErena
Contributor

Strong agree!  

our sales team does not need to be bothered with notifications that do not apply to their role.

JacManeri

We also really need this feature! It's creating so much confusion when our users get notifications.

CUrsu1
Contributor | Elite Partner

This is long overdue. I have several clients who do not need to be bombarded with notifications that their contact has revisited the site or re-converted on a form. 

By allowing non-relevant notifications users will learn to ignore Hubspot notifications alltogether. 

HarborBecky
Participant

Can't agree more. Asking our users to do this individually is rough, especially for those not so tech savy. 

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi folks!

I'm updating this to better reflect our development status.

Best,

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

Cristian_A
Participant

What's the point of (yet) another research? Exactly 1 year ago your colleague, @Pearly, asked the same thing and today we're nowhere close to having this functionality available ... and that's not even considering that this thread has been opened since 2018. But hey...keep pumping up the software's price.

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team

Hello everyone!

I wanted to provide more clarification on the status of this project. 

The research stage is completed. We are now testing this feature with only few handpicked customers before we open it up in a public Beta.

Thank you!

CRichardson

This would be a great idea, we have lots of internal users who currently get notifications that aren't relevant and its very difficult task to get every single one of them to update their own preferences.

nc_3manfactory
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@Pearly we have an Enterprise customer I was hoping to enter into the beta, I reached out to pjawal@hubspot.com 29.01.20 but never heard back? 😞

shaebert
Contributor

@nc_3manfactory , I reached out to pjawal@hubspot.com as well and never heard anything back. 

austinpostler
Participant

This is a pain point for us as well.  Due to restrictions on Teaming in Hubspot we assign multiple owners to a contact to ensure all relevant parties have access to the contact.  Our sales people have started to view Owner Assignement notifications as spammy but do not with to disable them for fear of missing a good opportuntity. Having the ability to control assignment notifications, such as restricting the notification to the 'Primary' contact owner, will cut down on some of the noise relieve some headaches for our sales team.

Bruno_Teixeira
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

This would be a good feature.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

++ with only 5% of our staff actually using Hubspot this would be absoloutly ideal to be able to manage this withour org!

I would love to be part of the beta if you need testers - im sure my colleagues would be forever greatful!

KSarpu

FCQ
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Yes, we absolutely need this. Any super admin user should be able to modify pretty much ANYTHING (user profiles, preferences, notifications, etc.) for EVERY user in the account. It is next to impossible working with large clients to ask each user (in our case mostly salespeople who are not always very tech savvy) to log into Hubspot and do it themselves. Very surprised this wasn't an existing feature from day 1!

jmacandrews
Participant

This! Not only should admins have the ability to set up notifications for each user, but they should also have the ability to complete the full portal set up.

Admins should be able to create contact/company/deal filters and apply them as defaults to certain user accounts (including pinning other relevant filters), as well as setting individual and global notifications. 

There should also be a function where when turning on a workflow that can prevent notifications without having to delete the notification action from the workflow and add it again after it's been turned on. 

jmacandrews
Participant

This! Not only should admins have the ability to set up notifications for each user, but they should also have the ability to complete the full portal set up.

Admins should be able to create contact/company/deal filters and apply them as defaults to certain user accounts (including pinning other relevant filters), as well as setting individual and global notifications. 

There should also be a function where when turning on a workflow that can prevent notifications without having to delete the notification action from the workflow and add it again after it's been turned on. 

reeskm

Any progress on this?

For example, the boss wants his notifications disabled, and has directed us to do it. He's a busy guy, so why can't I as a Super Admin go in and do this for him? Telling him he has to login and change it himself is a pain, and I'll have to walk him through it.

BlueOcean
Participant

Please and thank you!