HubSpot Ideas

PaulDerstine

Global setting to block email domains on ALL forms

I recently needed to update EVERY form individually to restrict certain email domains on each submission form.  It would have been a HUGE time saver if HubSpot had a global setting to allow me to simultaneously set these restrictions on all of my forms. Actually, I was kind of surprised that this feature didn't already exist. Please consider implementing this in a future release.

HUBSPOT DEVELOPMENT: Seriously, it has been almost 3 years and 64 upvotes and you STILL don't have this feature!?  How can you consider yourselves customer-centric when something as time-consuming and tedious as this feature gap is left to rot on the vine? I am beyond disappointed!

UPDATE: My company recently refreshed our website. HubSpots lack of response to this request after years resulted in us choosing an alternative CMS for our new site. The customer has spoken. Shame on you HubSpot!!
98 Replies
KadyJWhite
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Came to the forum to search for this idea and while I'm glad there's already an existing request, I'm kind of surprised it's been several years and there hasn't been a response yet. 

Upvoted, nonetheless!

tomothick

This would be great - having issues **bleep** competiors using our content to there own advantage. 

Would save save time when adding blocked email addresses

BDobson

You added forms to campaigns, but you still don't have this feature that was requested 5 years ago?! How are we supposed to maintain competitor domains on all of these campaign forms?

Please add this feature!

TessNyary
Participant | Elite Partner

I upvoted this comment close to two years ago now and am still waiting for the HubSpot team to leave a comment here that this feature is in the works. 4 pages of comments and 173 upvotes (as of March 14th) and still nothing. I understand the HubSpot dev team is focusing on the new features they can introduce in the future, but this is an every day pain point your users have! I believe fixing this existing issue surpasses creating new features. As a marketing agency, we have a lot of competitors accessing our site for access our content to repurpose - currently I have a running list of competitor domains that I must copy and paste into each form I create. It would be so helpful to make this more streamlined!

VivirenMalta
Participant

It would save us a lot of times and erros.

BPritchard

Yes this feature is definitely needed. 

sabuein
Participant

Thank you, a very needed feature.

Is there any update from HubSpot about this?

gil1002
Contributor

It has been 5 years since this idea was posted, @hubspot is there any update on its status?

SpencerFlaherty
Member | Platinum Partner

@hubspot We need this feature!

AChilders
Participant

Yes, I would love this as well. We have many forms and updating them all to block a single user is not my favorite .

auto-mate
Top Contributor

Yes, also big vote for this please. Getting a lot of junky bot and phishy stuff from similar/same domains and cannot manually block from all forms...

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Any word on this?  We have over 50 forms and it's not feasible to have to make this change to each form.  Why can't they simply add a suppression list feature so that all we have to do is update 1 list and then on the form have the option to prevent submission of forms based on the domains on the suppression list.  We need a solution to this!  the over 400 votes speaks to that!  Help us out Hubspot peeps!

clambert2

100%, need this so it's better for us as users.  We have so many forms and it's a huge pain not to have this feature. 

jmgonzalez67
Participant

It is evident that Hubspot will not provide a solution to this problem that we have, otherwise it would have already commented on something!

AHarrington6

I agree this is outrageous. I had an intern write us a Python script this summer that updates the fields for most forms (but not all) using the API. Pop-up forms and some older forms don't seem to update, but the script got everything that was created in the past two years or so. It wasn't a trivial task, but neither was manually updating 66 forms. These were the operative pieces:

TLevytalll
Participant

Hi, how can we make this happen fast? Hundreds of lead forms, just need to exclude a few domains

SLongley3
Contributor

Adding a comment to add to the many "YES we need this!". Why you'd want to have this for each form individually as the default rather than a global list baffles me anyway.

ChrisPCS

Definitely need this functionality. Very surprised it didn't exist. If there is a master list to globally block emails like Gmail and Yahoo then that seems like a good starting point to make this happen.

MW96
Participant

How is it possible that this is still not there, the thread is from 2017! HubSpot please!

PArtemiou1
Participant

@hubspot can we get an update on this please? It seems mad to have a post from 2017 still unresolved. There was a comment saying it was being looked at by the product team 2 years ago, what was the result of that?