HubSpot Ideas

PaulDerstine

Global setting to block email domains on ALL forms

I recently needed to update EVERY form individually to restrict certain email domains on each submission form.  It would have been a HUGE time saver if HubSpot had a global setting to allow me to simultaneously set these restrictions on all of my forms. Actually, I was kind of surprised that this feature didn't already exist. Please consider implementing this in a future release.

HUBSPOT DEVELOPMENT: Seriously, it has been almost 3 years and 64 upvotes and you STILL don't have this feature!?  How can you consider yourselves customer-centric when something as time-consuming and tedious as this feature gap is left to rot on the vine? I am beyond disappointed!

UPDATE: My company recently refreshed our website. HubSpots lack of response to this request after years resulted in us choosing an alternative CMS for our new site. The customer has spoken. Shame on you HubSpot!!
98 Replies
savannahlb
Participant

If we use the "Email domains to block" option from the form settings, what does the blocked user see if they try to fill out the form? Does the form tell them they're blocked? If so, that provides them an easy way to get around it by using a different email address.

markjnorman

Must be implemented! 

Juhi_06
Participant

Yes, team HubSpot. This feature is highly required in today's time, with the rapid increase in the number of forms and gated content this feature a great time-saver more than ever before. 

sarahlati

So glad that this is finally being reviewed, but I wish there had been some updates to this idea since the last message from HubSpot that's over half a year old now. This would be so helpful rather than having to go in individually for each form, especially for those of us with extensive lists.  

marenhogan
Contributor | Elite Partner

Just adding my voice here. I'm shocked this still isn't a feature. ALL of my b2b clients want to block free email addresses, on every form, every time. I imagine this is the same for all agencies handling b2b. 

NStJohnCox

New global user here....4 years later - any update on this?! Who has hours to update mutiple translated versions of forms on a global 20 multisite platform?

Prakhar
Participant

+1 

We have over 30 forms on Hubspot. Doing it for each form one by one is waste of so much time and chance of manual error also.

There should be a central place for domain suppression and blocklisting. I wouldn't want my competition also to be able to interact with anything at all.

So if added their domain to a central blocklist and not only forms - So that they could get blocked from Conversations, Forms, Emails, Marketing contacts and everything Hubspot - solely because they will never convert into business. So makes no sense spending time and efforts on it.

CarolineZ

Can't believe that this post is from 2017. We have a huge amount of forms, a lot of them are or will be localized. Absolute unnecessary manual work to go through each and every single one of them. We need this!!!

BDehlinger
Participant | Diamond Partner

Just jumping on to express my dismay that this still isn't available. 

SPAM management should be a priority of a company that was built on the goal of getting people to fill out forms. 

Come on HubSpot! 

darshakparmar
Participant

+1

A huge timesaver for companies like us having 200+ forms. 

gil1002
Contributor

This issues has been changed to in-review in June of 2020, almost a year and a half past, is there any update on the status?

NO2

+1 on needing this too! But it looks like it's been years with no progress from Hubspot on this, unfortunately---so I'm not sure this will even make a difference. Nevertheless, I submit this upvote into the dark void of Hubspot wishes and hope for a Christmas miracle. 

BDavis3

Need this asap!

JHeim
Participant

Why is this still a problem? The product manager must be sleeping on this. 

RaduStoia

Any updates on this?

jmgonzalez67
Participant

It is incredible that after so long they have not solved this problem. I don't understand why they don't fix it and why Hubspot doesn't say anything about it.
I feel ignored. 😞

gil1002
Contributor

It is pretty ridiculous that this is being ignored. It was created in 2017 (!!), moved to in Review in mid 2020 and here we are now 18 month later and no change or update

LisaMell

PrettyPlease can the feature be looked into. . . . . . Come on Hubspot you can do it!!

pmurray33

We decided to move off Hubspot but as a product person the fact that you have an ideas forum and do not reply to feature requests for over two and a half years is not a good look for customer success. Hubspot would be better off removing this community feature if they do not actively respond to inquiries.

also my two cents on this feature is it is a must have for anyone doing lead generation, and I am surprised your product team has not addressed it by now. 

karawani

Big support from our team for this. We asked for this over a year ago via support and I am surprised to see this from 2017 with 165 upvotes - but with no visible progress. Please - for everyone's sake - is there an update and an ETA on addressing this requirement.