HubSpot Ideas

PaulDerstine

Global setting to block email domains on ALL forms

I recently needed to update EVERY form individually to restrict certain email domains on each submission form.  It would have been a HUGE time saver if HubSpot had a global setting to allow me to simultaneously set these restrictions on all of my forms. Actually, I was kind of surprised that this feature didn't already exist. Please consider implementing this in a future release.

HUBSPOT DEVELOPMENT: Seriously, it has been almost 3 years and 64 upvotes and you STILL don't have this feature!?  How can you consider yourselves customer-centric when something as time-consuming and tedious as this feature gap is left to rot on the vine? I am beyond disappointed!

UPDATE: My company recently refreshed our website. HubSpots lack of response to this request after years resulted in us choosing an alternative CMS for our new site. The customer has spoken. Shame on you HubSpot!!
98 Kommentare
sleland
Mitglied

Hi Paul.

You can!

Here is the article to walk you through it - 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-can-i-prevent-people-from-submitting-a-...

Good luck,

Sam 

CaseyLeBrun
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Paul,

It appears the link in the comment above just takes us back to the method of accessing each form one by one to manually block email domains on each. I agree that there should be a way to globally block these domains across all forms. In the meantime, our best bet is to rapidly copy and paste in each form to knock these out quickly. 

PaulDerstine
Mitglied

Casey,

I took a look at the link and I was already aware of this capability.  But this isn't what i requested. This link describes how to block certain email domains on a form by form basis and not ALL forms simultaneously.

Paul

jbotelho
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Would also like to request this functionality. We use a lot of forms and it's way too cumbersome to have to update each one individually. 

HG
Teilnehmer/-in

Agree 100%

Colin
Mitglied

Hubspot we need this!

Arun_Thangavelu
Teilnehmer/-in

We definitely need this functionality. We have a lot of forms and we would love to have the ability to block email domains globally.

DRW
Mitglied

Yes, please. Our 112 forms need to be updated and doing this one by one would take too much time. Please, HubSpot, make it possible to edit all forms at once.

SydneyG
Teilnehmer/-in

Please please please announce this update at the next INBOUND conference! Time is money, and I can't make our company money when I'm spending time blocking competitor domains on a ton of forms. Rather spend that time elsewhere. We need this!

marstalb
Mitglied

We absoulutely need this functionality as well! I just checked with HubSpot support, on 6/25/18, and they confirmed that the software does not have the global ability to prevent email domains on all forms.  The only way to prevent form submissions from certain email addresses would be on a form-to-form basis under the 'Email domains to be blocked' field for the 'email address' form field. Please give us this feature HubSpot!

chen
Mitglied

This is a MUST! 

mrspabs
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

I would like this functionality as well!

rasmustoivonen
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

We need the functionality as well!

.. And why not an easy way to send suggestions on new free/private email domains?

HeidiCG
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed. Blocking domains for each individual form is insane. There should be a setting to create your own sitewide block list for domains, with the option of overriding that option on individual forms. I can't use the standard 'free email' list that hubspot provides because we do get some valid inquiries from gmail and I can't opt out of some of the domains on that list.

How many comments does it take to get development to start looking into this feature?

jhermez
Mitglied

Agree 100% we have roughly 40-50 forms and it's painful to do manually.

RM-HS
Teilnehmer/-in

+1 - really needed this!

SMJ0724
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We need this functionality at a global level! Editing each of our 497 forms manually wouldn't even be possible at this time without a huge commitment of time and resources. Not to mention when a new address/domain needs to be added...

AlexisM
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed, this feature would be a great time saver!

Sean-Bruso
Mitglied | Elite Partner

Agreed, Hubspot please add this feature.

pmurray33
Mitglied

+1 This would be a huge time saver to not have to duplicate this manually on all your forms - I would like to create a single way to blocklist my competitors from filling out forms and accessing documents from my website. Since I have unique forms for each asset for tracking purposes this takes a significant amount of time to update all of them. Please help! Thanks.