HubSpot Ideas

erikblues

Global Solution for Addresses: Country + State

We need a global solution for Countries and States.

The problem: With open text Country/State/City form fields, it's common for users to misspell their locations, or do things like selecting Berlin as a city and Brazil as a country. This basically makes it impossible to create reliable filters and often important leads get lost.

The Solution:

• Select country from a dropdown list
  • After that, matching states should load into the State Picklist
  • Could even load matching cities after that

This is a problem we find in most CRM's in the world, and not even Salesforce seems to want to solve this. It is a really simple implementation since this kind of information is publically available

Pretty please Hubspot <3, this is simple to solve and EVERYONE would profit greatly from this. Help us keep our data up to date!

EDIT: it is very important that this be implemented in both the backend (CRM contacts + companies) and the frontend (Form submissions), so data stays consistent everywhere.

EDIT2: We would be willing to participate in a fundraiser to get this developped. Could some Hubspot developper post a getfunded campaign with a price proposal for this?

17件のコメント
HubDoPete
ガイド役 | Gold Partner

Country field on Contacts is already a drop down, but is free-text on the Company Record.

In practice that is usually OK, as form fills go to the Contact so you can have a workflow that copies from Contact to Company when their Contact.Country is known but the Company.Country is unknown.

What is needed per this request is the additional mechanism of matching states per country, as a subset in the State Picklist.

City is troublesome to standardize as it's often where the Suburb name of the city is used rather than actual City name. 

Alternatively for some countries such as UK, you only need Postcode and Street Number and you can source the full address but it varies so widely by country it would be a stretch to add globally.

erikblues
トップ投稿者

@HubDoPete I agree. I added cities as an optional step, but what we need most is the Country -=> State Relationship.

But it is very important that this be implemented in both the backend (CRM contacts + companies) and the frontend (Form submissions), so data stays consistent everywhere.

Anonymous
適用対象外

I find this interesting and honestly... my forms never have the option to create drop down for the country field. Just created this quick form...

https://share.hsforms.com/1GowlvmSvTA2Oxt0q1bk1Fgr7ah

HubDoPete
ガイド役 | Gold Partner

Innogo I find it strange your contact forms are not drop-down.

Ours are like this every time: https://www.hubdo.com/pandadoc-4-hubspot-partners-pd4hsp

I recommend checking with HubSpot Support - and please let us know here out of interest why yours is different.

HubDoPete
ガイド役 | Gold Partner

Innogo you probably need to be setting different options when you create the form field.

Set it as drop down and click the load button to populate it with countries.

Delete any you don't need, if you have that requirement

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/add-new-options-to-a-form-field

Anonymous
適用対象外

@HubDoPete It worked... never knew about that feature of loading. Thanks! 

HubDoPete
ガイド役 | Gold Partner

Great to hear Innogo, you're very welcome.

Hopefully in time, we'll get a feature upgrade for a Country->State schema for forms.

erikblues
トップ投稿者

@Anonymous nice to have you on board with this 🙂

For us, it always gets very complicated when form contribution gets sent in a different format. Abbreviated or not, wrong spelling, capital letters or even weird simbols. It all makes the database get messy and breaks lot's of reports an automation.

For example: I assign leads based on countries and states. If the lead fills out the country with a tipping mistake, the workflow will not work.

So it all generates unnecessary manual work and errors. Basically, lots of time is lost on this.

ndwilliams3
キーアドバイザー

I agree this would be a great option to have. If properties had the capabilities of option groups, this could easily be filtered using Javascript on forms.  

ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
Dylan
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time this request is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case.

Dylan 

keshukeshvala
参加者

Hi, Dylan, 

In Contacts, it seems Country is DropDown but for states, it shows the only US States. 

For Companies there is no such option so if you guys can make country loading and states that would be great. We will be happy to wait for this feature. 

Thank you

CalmKimura
参加者
LeonardoDVinci
投稿者

Come on, you already have a logic structure on your forms! just get all the states/provinces of all countries (publicly available) and throw them all in one list, set the logic on which items to show respectively depending on the selected country - was that hard? I think this was already requested way older than this one but come one, this one is almost 3 years old and this features has been around way before that. Why can't you just copy how they do it? Seriously, is there anyone actually working on this?

elanashama
トップ投稿者

We definitely need this feature! I can't believe HubSpot has chosen to change the status of this request to "not planned" 

cybelebrooks
参加者

I am totally surprised about this. I was able to import a standard country picklist to use in Hubspot.
Why is there no similar option for States in the US.  

Agree that these kinds of standard data points filled from forms 
SHOULD NEVER BE free text fields.  THa'ts programming 101.

Come on Hubspot...like seriously disappointed about this and the lack of prioritization.

JOpie
トップ投稿者

Definitely needs work here!

HubSpot could really help us by provide this in a systematic manner with easily available data: https://unece.org/trade/cefact/unlocode-code-list-country-and-territory

This is the UN LOCODE database of countries and areas. So useful!

PBMEB360
参加者

Has this been resolved in any way with conditional logic? 
I aimed to map a new State picklist with the State Province code picklist property in Salesforce, however error messages appear as you need ALL states in all countries on one list. Conditional logic therefore, can't be applied when picking USA, and only revealing the US states.

Instead, the only workaround I can think of is to have multiple custom properties for state for different countries (which isn't feasible) and then to apply conditional logic to each on forms, or at the account level. From there, you could create a workflow to then copy the picklist value as a 'copy to property' for the single text field in Mailing State Province.

This seems to be the only way to have Sales see the value in Salesforce...