HubSpot Ideas

Lilush

Export Workflows

I think it would be great to have the option to export workflows. 

Often I have to provide information about the structure of the workflow, and as these can be sometimes quite complecated - it would be great to be able to just export them as excel or pdf... I think it is much needed. 

Thanks 🙂

HubSpot Updates
September 08, 2020 07:31 AM

If you don't see the option, it's likely because you're looking at one of the old "classic" workflows that haven't been upgraded to the new system. You'd need to either migrate the workflow manually (by cloning it) or create a new one from scratch!

Delivered
September 08, 2020 06:21 AM

Hi all!

Exciting news, the "Export" feature is now available to all customers! By going to the "More" dropdown of any workflow, you'll now be able to export the entire workflow to PNG. Note that this feature will expand all your If/then branches so that you can get as much information as possible in the export.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback so our team can continue to iterate on the feature!

Zeke

zeke_0-1599571145613.png 

zeke_1-1599571288240.png

In Planning
August 24, 2020 01:06 PM

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for continuing to add context and support to this idea. I wanted to let you know that we're now working on a feature to export a workflow from HubSpot as an image (jpeg file), which aligns with many of the requests in this thread. When a beta is available, I'll update again!

Best,

Megan

Not Currently Planned
April 23, 2020 06:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. At this time there are no plans to develop this specific Idea of making workflow content exportable. It sounds like there are a few different needs represented here, some centered around understanding what’s happening across workflows and their interactions with each other, and some centered around making it easier to rebuild/copy workflows or share with teammates.

We recognize these needs and are thinking about effective ways to enable customers toward these goals. For example, we’re currently working on team partitioning for workflows, and will soon begin work on read-only permissions, so that creators of workflows have more granular control over sharing workflows, but in safe ways. Additionally, we're working on functionality to give better insight on your workflows overall, in app, as opposed to only on individual flows.

This is not to say that other features like this will never be developed, just that there are no plans to address these challenges in this particular way, at this time.

Best,

Megan

57 Replies
MB
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Fully support with this suggestion, pdf report would really help present and replicate workflows across accounts. 

sarahb1

I agree! This would be a great feature to add. 

dkraciun

Fully Support this. Our organization has a lot of worflows, linking to multiple other workflows - it spiders very quickly.

PLEASE< PLEASE< PLEASE add this feature. At the moment our organization has resorted to using a flow chart tool to map out the workflows (another expense) when this should be in the tool. Additionally the ability to view linked workflows is needed. The ability to zoom out and see all workflows that are linked would be incredibly beneficial.

kyleh
Participant

the ability to print your workflow so you can mark it up and add new branches prior to doing it on hubspot

cchayward
Participant

Plus, you may want to consider options of printing only certain paths - preselect a path to print only, and/or the entire workflow.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Amen to that....  

Plus being able to show someone what is happening, in the workflow, so that they can visualize it as well.  Not to mention basic documentation, purposes.

Chrisk

Printing or exporting would definitively be a valuable feature to markup or work with workflows. Would love to see the feature!

PekkaI
Participant

Workflows overall view with connection points with other workflows, lead flows, conversion points and forms etc. would be nice to include into this. => A system view that could be then easily checked for overall optimization and zoomed into problem/development points.

SophieBeech

I would definitely love to see this. 

I am currently having to type out all of our workflows as I need to do an audit. We have so many as we have been using the system for over 5 years and they are starting to conflict with each other and so I desperately need to see them in a spreadsheet format. 

CEversull

Please create a way to print a workflow. I sometimes have a need to see what I've done on one and want to take parts of it to recreate in another workflow. But I can't for the life of me find a way to print out the steps of a workflow. This would be a very helpful feature. Thanks!

jxlio
Contributor

Saving workflows as a "Flow Chart" PDF would allow me to train our sales team on how each workflow works when creating and training for a new campaign. Right now I'm just doing screenshots and piecing them together in photoshop.

For others, I'm sure this would be a useful feature when building the workflows with team members.

Realistically, this could be as simple as creating a print.css style sheet, adding a button in the interface and typing a little javascript.

If I had the time, I would create a Chrome extension that accomplished this. Maybe Hubspot could make one?

Apta
Participant

Our company also has dozens of workflows.  The flowchart that's displayed currently is a great improvement over the old line-by-line display but being able to export these is a fantastic idea.

TashaDalBianco
Contributor | Platinum Partner

#agreed this would be totally AWESOME especially when we do a HubSpot clean up 😉 

Shriya
Participant

I would love this option as well! An easily condensed visual representation of a complicated workflow that we could export would be super helpful. Right now, I'm just creating duplicate flowcharts for presentations.

shannonhoward
Contributor

A strong second to all of the above!

Many of my clients want to SEE this in front of them, and navigating within the confines of a screen and having to scroll around is a very confusing user experience for people who are not used to automation.

It would also be great for editing, so you can determine on paper what you want to add to a workflow & where before implementing within HubSpot.

kieeks

Would love to see this as well. 

shannonhoward
Contributor

Fully support this idea! This is one of the reasons one of my clients chose SharpSpring - because they can export workflows so they can talk about them and updates they want to make offline, then implement in the workflows. They can also show new hires how everything works together.

KiwiJen83
Member | Platinum Partner

Running into this problem now…would love to be able to export the workflow as a PDF to send off for review without adding that person to the HubSpot portal.

erikblues
Top Contributor

We also need this!

another option would be to give people “read only” access to workflows!

andredeoliveira
Participant

Also running into this problem now