HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Give the option for a multi-select picklist to be formatted as a dropdown

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 52 votes.

In old forms, multi-select picklists being synced over from Salesforce appeared as a dropdown (if they had a long list of options), which users could multi-select by using SHIFT+click. In the new forms tool, multi-select picklists are displayed as a series of check boxes, no matter how many options are given. This makes very messy, long lists, and make those fields virtually unusable in any sort of marketing form. Please either revert to formatting multi-select picklists with lots of options as a multi-select dropdown, or make the multi-select dropdown an option for displaying that type of field.

8 Replies
Sbouchez
Participant | Platinum Partner

It is a much have feature.

Let's say you work for a travel Agency : I can't imagine a list of 200 countries in  checklist.

Idem if you work on a Inbound Recruiting project  and you want to show a list of Skills in Development, Marketing, etc ...

Stéphane

jbotelho
Contributor

Agreed. We have event registration forms in which contacts would need the ability to select multiple options from a dropdown list. This is a must have feature.

Alicia
Participant

I need a checklist to embed in forms or email campaigns, so I can get back their responses and automate next steps with the contact. Up to 10 options would be nice. 

AirswiftRob
Contributor

I agree, this is a must have feature. I dont want to use multiple checkboxes for dozens of fields

ziadi
Contributor

Agreed! Was creating a HubDB fitlter type page and needed a way to filter out multiple selections without messing up the page design... the multiselct checkboxes get way too long for something like this and screws up the UI/UX. Please give us the option for multiselect dropdown selector!!

jones288

Yes - please give us the option to have the multi-check box type property to have an "Expand" or "Collapse" setting for options. It looks ridiculous to have 5+ options all listed out on forms, etc. It'd look best as a drop down.

A separate multi-select drop down type property would also be fine. However, it would be better I think to just have a setting within one property type to achieve this so we don't have to re-do all of our current multi-select checkbox properties. 

Oakley_Smith

I also agree, this is a must have feature. I don't want to use multiple checkboxes for dozens of fields as it takes up a lot of space on a webpage.

YBosset

Hello, 

I cannot immagine for those that have a list for 100 or more values.

It is urgent you get the mult-picklist dropdown meny for the forms.

Thnak you !