HubSpot Ideas

mheath31

Get rid of Skip button in vidyard video form

I'm very excited to start easily embedding video on our blog with vidyard. The edition of a form is very exciting, however, the ability to "skip" the form defeats the purpose of having it. 

For our purposes, the form is there to gate the content. 

skip button.JPG

13 Replies
ChristianRieck
Contributor | Gold Partner

that would be very helpful to generate leads by providing e.g. webinars on demand. Good idea!

mheath31

I got some feedback from Vidyard. The "skip" button is there because it's the free version. You can upgrade to get rid of it and customize CTAs, but it's pretty pricey. 

TTI-Users

Definitely keen to see the skip feature removed.

jwood

Would definitely love to have the ability to toggle off the skip if possible. Will certainly make it easier to do lead capture.

BrySweres

I agree - Having the form over the video means we are wanting this information from viewers. If they have the ability to skip, it defeats the purpose.

Kfein

I agree, we need this future urgently!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone got a response on when they might do this? And I dont mean charging a fortune for it 🙂 

JerryKoch
Participant

The Skip button defeats the reason we want to use embedded videos via Vidyard.  We would really, really, like to have this so videos are gated.

Org:  The "Thank You" after completing the form is pretty wonky and would like to see that go away.  After completing the form would like the video to automatically play. 

Update: Removed the thank you text and the message went away. 

BUT THE SKIP BUTTON IS STILL THERE - TOTAL BUMMER.

watanak
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Thank you for expressing your interest in having the ability to remove the skip button. Unfortunately, we aren't able to support this in HubSpot at this time, however, as @mheath31 mentioned, you can get access to several custom CTA / Form capabilities with a paid Vidyard subscription.

Thank you,

Kie

kimpanian
Participant

Agreed! This is disappointing that a native option within Hubspot is tied to a paid subscription of another service. I'd rather not have the option for a form at all if the "Skip" cannot be removed. What's the point?

Jwyoung
Participant

@watanak Any updates on this matter (video skip button)? I think this would add a lot of value to Hubspot 

Please keep us posted

JerryKoch
Participant

Worked through lots of workaournd variation with CTAs and forms.  No luck, as the way cookies work made the user experience wonky.   HS tech support was awesome in trying to help figture out what was going on, but at the end of it all, no luck.

The Vidyard approach is pricey and more advanced than what we need, so... 

Was able to tweak out what we wanted with Vimeo (what we use to host video) -  Vimeo HubSpot Integration | Connect Them Today 

Not perfect, but works for our use cases.

madamson
Participant

Regardless of the fact that it's Vidyard's product - this is terrible default behavior in the context of HubSpot, where a huge part of what we're trying to do is capture customer information.  We pay 10s of thousands of dollars to HubSpot every year, and we should not have to pay any more money to some third party vendor for something as basic and important as this.