HubSpot Ideas

staci1074

Get full transcript of Chat Messages

When I get a chat that is not a sales chat I need to get the information to someone else, it would be easiest if I could email the transcript to them directly or if it was somewhere in Hubspot I could send them the link.  As it is set up right now the only person who can see that I chatted with someone is me, and it doesn't even show up in the persons profile. 

Thanks!

HubSpot Updates
Re: Get full transcript of Chat Messages - changed to: Delivered
August 31, 2018 07:44 AM

Hi all! I'm very pleased to announce that we now have the ability to manually send a chat transcript email to any contact in your portal. From the top of the chat thread > More drop down > "Send chat transcript" > Modal opens where you can select email to send to. If you are looking for something more robust (I saw some comment here about exporting), please file new posts with details about your use case and what you'd like to see so we can gauge interest and keep you updated on any work in that direction 🙂

New
May 11, 2017 03:39 PM

@staci1074 we do now have the ability to filter by Messages activity on the contact timeline! I'll leave this idea open for review of the feature request to have some sort of export conversation functionality.

15 Replies
hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

@staci1074 we do now have the ability to filter by Messages activity on the contact timeline! I'll leave this idea open for review of the feature request to have some sort of export conversation functionality.

Brett

This should be something fairly easy to setup to have a copy of the transcript sent to a designated email for additional follow up.  

Example:  Allow Messages to be set up to have a target email address in the BCC line so we can get copies of the transcript outside of Hubspot.

The system is already automated without our touching it to send the transcript anyhow, so it would be a simple coding on Admin access for Messages to allow a BCC email address to be added to the transcript.

HarrietG

About half our chat messages are support requests rather than sales. I would like to be able to forward a help/support transcript to Zendesk for our support team to action. Or even just an email address and Zendesk can pick it up from there

stingom
Member | Diamond Partner

Yes, I NEED the functionality to actually use the messages tool and stay compliant with my regulations.  PLEASE!!!!

Brett

@hroberts Just curious if there is any updates on this?  Seems a fairly easy way to fix it based on the suggestion I added.

stingom
Member | Diamond Partner

@hroberts - any update on this?

nathanlb91
Participant

This is much needed - similar to @stingom we need these feature for risk & compliance. Been able to email transcripts is great but also being able to export them too so we can store them on our internal networks would be great.

Nwclark85
Contributor

Totally agree with the points above, we get a lot of non-sales chats and these need to be sent to other people in the business and/or saved outside of HS

BrianSchmidt

Great idea. Plus exporting all chats would be great for analysis, etc.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! I'm very pleased to announce that we now have the ability to manually send a chat transcript email to any contact in your portal. From the top of the chat thread > More drop down > "Send chat transcript" > Modal opens where you can select email to send to. If you are looking for something more robust (I saw some comment here about exporting), please file new posts with details about your use case and what you'd like to see so we can gauge interest and keep you updated on any work in that direction 🙂

logan
Participant

After a chat transcript is closed, it would be nice to be able to email the transcript to any selection of people. Not just the visitor who is on the other end of the chat.

contentmarketer
Participant

Hi there @hroberts glad to hear that this is available. Will there be a way for this to be automated in the future? The way my company would like to use it is for training purposes so when sales reps are talking to prospects ont he website, we can have every chat log be auto emailed to their supervisors so that they can see the kind of conversations they are having and use it as a chance for praise or to provide guidance on how to better answer some incoming questions. 

davidrevis
Contributor

Not sure about others but I am not seeing the option to send chat transcript in the 'more' dropdown on chats in my Inbox. Will raise with the support team.

Would be really useful to have!

jclapper

Glad this feature is being addressed. This is the only big feature we lost when moving from Olark to HubSpot for chat/messaging. However, to really complete the loop, it would be ideal to have these transcripts automatically sent to an email address. This functionality exists already, as the visitors to our site receive a copy of their transcript automatically when their session ends. It would be ideal for our chat operator to also receive the same email. Could we have the option to automatically add a CC to the operator? This would be a huge help! Thanks!

marthamadero
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes it would be great to send this to a user that is not the asignee in the chat but is closing the deal with this particular user so they can have the full conversation sent to them for context.