HubSpot Ideas

Karena

Generate the URL for a specific contact to access the subscription preferences page

Currently there's no way to generate a direct link for a contact to access their subscription preferences page. The only way we can direct a contact to resubscribe is 1) ask them to find an old email we sent them before they unsubscribed, 2) tell them to click on the "Manage Preferences" link at the bottom, and 3) subscribe to the email types that are relevant. 

It'd be much easier if we could generate an individual link to a specific subscription preferences page. Then we could just email them the new link (through a personal email, since they won't get any emails we send them through HubSpot) and have them resubscribe. This eliminates the potential roadblock if the contact has already deleted all emails they've previously received from us. 

84 Replies
scadoxus

+1

Really need for generate link from API for insert into third party web apps.

EllenvanZutphen
Member | Elite Partner

Agree on this point. We need to be able to use the link on our pages (for example after filling in a form) to give our contacts access to their subscription settings. 

kasrajag

We are facing similar issue, unable to "re-subscribe" via API, after opting-out..

My suggestion - Atleast, can we be allowed to re-subsribe to specific "email"/"subscription" types, that would help us manage our subscriptions ? Right now, I'm unable to opt-in/re-subscribe globally as well as to any specific "email" types..

grimmettr

Yes please, we would also appreciate the ability to offer a direct link to a subscription preferences page.

TylerScionti
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all!

Product Manager for the subscriptions team here, there's a lot of great feedback on this that I am going to share with the team to consider, though at this time we are not planning to work on this in the near future. That said, I'm going to save this post to come back to once we are ready to tackle this feature and how it will fit in.

cpalenshus

I literally can't believe this feature doesn't already exist.

Here's how I would think it would work:

- User clicks a general communication prefs page link that goes to a page where they enter their email address

- An email is sent to them (that obviously ignores ALL communication prefs) with a link in it to update their communication prefs

- User clicks the link and makes the updates

hchristian
HubSpot Employee

Commenting and upvoting on behalf of a customer with a similar use case

Jason_M

An externally accessible (not via a Hubspot email) data preference link would be advantageous please Hubspot. 

charmcgov
Participant

We would love this feature! A lot of the time clients unsubscribe without realising that this is how we communicate important information to them. They then get annoyed that they missed an update and want a way to resubscribe to communication easily.

jimkring

5 years later, we still need this badly.

isabellweiss
Contributor

Yes, same here. I totally agree with everyone, this feature is urgently needed!

CVO

Would like to second the need for this strongly. We would like our users to manage all of their account preferences with us in one spot, including communication preferences. Having some sort of mechanism where we can redirect them to their hubspot preference page is really needed.

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

As an agency, we see multiple of our clients struggling with this issue.

Fully agree that this request is very much needed!

havandoorn

As an enterprise user with multiple subsidiaries, we urgently need this feature!

NatalieNo1
Participant

UPVOTE UPVOTE UPVOTE!

This seems like such a simple addition that should be part of the Marketing hub Starter package.

once someone opts-out they can't even opt-in themselves when filling out a new form on the website.. ??? 

I mean I unsubscribe from things all the time - but when I sign back up again I don't get told 'sorry you opted out for LIFE' - game over. 😞 

This has caused me great frustration! and saddens me that I might have to revert back to *coughmailchimpcough*.

richard88
HubSpot Employee

This would be great for a lot of customers who use Outlook/Gmail to send their emails directly to contacts. 

CBerrios

Linking to a preference center is common for a variety of reasons - please make this easy to do.

cstruble
Participant

UPVOTE UPVOTE

I'm really surprised this hasn't been added as a feature yet...

LucyCC
Participant

Just looking to implement a subscription preferences page on our website, and am v surprised that I can't do this with Hubspot. Upvote the fix!

willpate
Participant

+1