HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM

Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/quotes/invoices in Hubspot CRM.

In order for us to use Hubspot CRM as a stand alone CRM we'd need to be able to choose products within a deal, Calculate the Full Amount if there are multiple products in one deal, and create agreements/quotes/invoices to send (hopefully through electronic signature) to our clients.

Then of course be alerted of the returning signed agreements within CRM.

Automated Triggers throughout the agreement/quotes/invoices process would be great as well.

HubSpot Updates
April 25, 2023 06:49 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot Payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for Payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!

Re: Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM - changed to: Delivered
May 10, 2018 09:46 AM

I'm so excited to announce that this morning we have released Quotes to all Sales Professional portals. See details in this knowledge doc as well as information about our integration with Stripe released in conjunction with Quotes. Feel free to post new ideas on the forum about additional functionality you'd like to see us add to the Quotes feature, and to reach out to Support with any questions 🙂

Re: Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM - changed to: In Beta
March 06, 2018 12:26 PM

Hey folks - good news, we have an early version of Quotes that is available for Sales Professional customers to start using. 

If you're interested in getting early access, please fill out this form. We'll be slowly granting access as we work out the kinks and implement feedback. 

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Planning
February 05, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi all! I'm renaming changing the status of this idea back from Delivered to In Planning, as I realize most of you are more interested in a proposal/quote generating feature to accompany the Product Library, that way we can keep you up to date as we work to develop that type of feature.

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: Delivered
November 01, 2017 12:48 PM

Products was just launched today (11/1) as part of the brand new Sales Professional.  This feature allows HubSpot users to create a product catalog, attach products to deals in the CRM, and report on what items are actually be sold the most.  

If you're interested in learning more about Sales Professional, check out what's new here: https://offers.hubspot.com/all-new-hubspot-sales-professional

Or, if you already have access, learn more about using Products here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-use-products

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Beta
August 31, 2017 07:10 AM

Creating pricebooks in HubSpot is now in beta for HubSpot Sales Pro users. This feature enables users to create a catalog of products, add those products to deals, and calculate the deal amount automatically. 

If you're a Sales Pro user interested in the beta, please sign up here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

August 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Just a reminder that products and line items are in Alpha. If you're interested in getting early access before Beta, please sign up here https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Planning
August 08, 2017 07:18 AM

Hey folks, we're getting pretty close to having an Alpha version of a products catalog available. If you're interested in joining the Alpha group, please sign up for early access here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Otherwise, we will reach out directly as we move this into Beta. 

April 04, 2017 12:45 PM

71 Replies
mlahens
HubSpot Employee

@GSantos right now, no. In general we don't do a good job supporting service-based business such as yours, and we're looking to change that soon.

If on your quote you only show units of time, how do you communicate pricing to your prospects?

(If you'd rather talk more directly with me about your use-case, please book some time with me.)

mlahens
HubSpot Employee

In other news, we're looking at making some structural updates to the quotes and the way we display pricing totals. To anyone interested, below are examples of you'll see in the app today, followed by the updates we're exploring.

My main question is, "Which one is easier for you to read, and why?"

Current totals section in Products:

Totals.png

Current quote:

Quotes.png

Updated totals section in Products (same data as above):

https://hubspot.invisionapp.com/share/EBN9WIVUPF6

Updated Quote (same data as above):

https://hubspot.invisionapp.com/share/PKNAGP24T6F

tangiblee
Participant

@mlahens Hi!

We posted about Product/Quotes in the past - let me recap our use-case as this seems like a productive discussion 🙂

1. Our products are not fixed tiers or first recurring prices. it's based on usage and parameters of the client/deal.

2. We have 2 main parameters that determine the tiers - it would be great if products could be defined as recurring charge (monthly/quarterly/annually) that are set by values of a few params (traffic, and catalog size in our case)

3. If we can then have Quotes to support the above structure, that would be awesome

Our current solution is to create Google spreadsheets to manage that with formulas for each client...a huge PITA! 

If you solve the product/quotes issues, we would never leave Hubspot 🙂 

GSantos
Contributor

Hi @mlahens

We don't show units of time, that's the change we are trying to do. 

We want to hide the units of products, hide the units of time.

Keep only the total $ per product, without units.

Thank you.

DavidPower
Participant | Partner

@mlahens

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@AndyPitre  I love the idea and am concerned this would be at the Enterprise level only.

farhashekh00

Hello! I want to good CRM service for my company, there are fifteen employees in my company, I want to manage to report on the employees daily bases.  And I also want to printout system of the report. My company working as Dezire Residences Dubai which deals real estate property.

I also move Hubspot CRM but no more idea about of Hubspot services. I want to try a free account, Is it secure?

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@farhashekh00  I do believe All Hubspot accounts are secure.  I have been a user for more than 8 years and have never been concerned about security.  

Hope this helps.

Chris

bforeman

Is there an existing ability to turn off the "total" feature? When we give quotes/proposals, our customers are generally picking from several options, but would rarely go with all options. So, the "total" at the bottom seems very intimidating and is not always accurate. Being able to toggle that on and off would be helpful. 

papuchon

Hello, anyone using Stripe integration with Hubspot Quotes and wishing there was a free trial option (client puts payment info upon signing quote but payment processing is delayed until after x days)? Please check see this new idea and upvote:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-the-free-trial-feature-to-the-Stripe-integration-...

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot Payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for Payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!