HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM

Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/quotes/invoices in Hubspot CRM.

In order for us to use Hubspot CRM as a stand alone CRM we'd need to be able to choose products within a deal, Calculate the Full Amount if there are multiple products in one deal, and create agreements/quotes/invoices to send (hopefully through electronic signature) to our clients.

Then of course be alerted of the returning signed agreements within CRM.

Automated Triggers throughout the agreement/quotes/invoices process would be great as well.

HubSpot Updates
April 25, 2023 06:49 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot Payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for Payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!

Re: Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM - changed to: Delivered
May 10, 2018 09:46 AM

I'm so excited to announce that this morning we have released Quotes to all Sales Professional portals. See details in this knowledge doc as well as information about our integration with Stripe released in conjunction with Quotes. Feel free to post new ideas on the forum about additional functionality you'd like to see us add to the Quotes feature, and to reach out to Support with any questions 🙂

Re: Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM - changed to: In Beta
March 06, 2018 12:26 PM

Hey folks - good news, we have an early version of Quotes that is available for Sales Professional customers to start using. 

If you're interested in getting early access, please fill out this form. We'll be slowly granting access as we work out the kinks and implement feedback. 

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Planning
February 05, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi all! I'm renaming changing the status of this idea back from Delivered to In Planning, as I realize most of you are more interested in a proposal/quote generating feature to accompany the Product Library, that way we can keep you up to date as we work to develop that type of feature.

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: Delivered
November 01, 2017 12:48 PM

Products was just launched today (11/1) as part of the brand new Sales Professional.  This feature allows HubSpot users to create a product catalog, attach products to deals in the CRM, and report on what items are actually be sold the most.  

If you're interested in learning more about Sales Professional, check out what's new here: https://offers.hubspot.com/all-new-hubspot-sales-professional

Or, if you already have access, learn more about using Products here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-use-products

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Beta
August 31, 2017 07:10 AM

Creating pricebooks in HubSpot is now in beta for HubSpot Sales Pro users. This feature enables users to create a catalog of products, add those products to deals, and calculate the deal amount automatically. 

If you're a Sales Pro user interested in the beta, please sign up here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

August 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Just a reminder that products and line items are in Alpha. If you're interested in getting early access before Beta, please sign up here https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Planning
August 08, 2017 07:18 AM

Hey folks, we're getting pretty close to having an Alpha version of a products catalog available. If you're interested in joining the Alpha group, please sign up for early access here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Otherwise, we will reach out directly as we move this into Beta. 

April 04, 2017 12:45 PM

71 Replies
mschnitt
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - good news, we have an early version of Quotes that is available for Sales Professional customers to start using. 

If you're interested in getting early access, please fill out this form. We'll be slowly granting access as we work out the kinks and implement feedback. 

tangiblee
Participant

In addition to the great ideas about quotes, and managing the exact pricing for each deal.

we use tiered based pricing, based on # visitors to client website, and # of SKUs in the catalog, and it's not always same tiers for all clients since there are more params...I'm really looking for a way to manage this in Hubspot.

Also, we would like to calculate our sales team commission based on their deals...is that planned as well?

danieln

@mschnitt Hey there! I am Sales Pro and requested access to your early version of Quotes via Google Sheets and would love to start using it!  Please let me know

mollymetzger
Contributor

Great ideas in the comments above.

I'd like to call on certain product attributes in webpages and emails -- just like personalization tokens.

Hope I'm explaining that correctly. Just like I can insert "{{contact.firstname}}" in a webpage or email, I'd love to have "{{product.price}}" for example.  That way, when a price changes, I could change it once and it would update everywhere the token is used. 

GSantos
Contributor

That's exactly what we need, we have been facing big challenges trying to integrate Hubspot, PandaDoc and WorkflowMax to do tasks listed here, it's awfull. A lot of rework, information that does not work with APIs...

I submitted the beta request form, it would be really nice to have a look on how it's working and see if it fits our business or if we need to keep searching for alternatives.

MathieuMohorcic

There is definitely a need for these functions.

Any updates on this since 2017?

Thanks

Mat

AliciaChin
Participant

As mentioned early on, a major hold up for the company I work for is the inability to break down revenue. 

Granted sales needs to be able to calculate "booked revenue" which is the month in which a contract comes back signed from the client. But there is also a need to be able to view "earned revenue" which is when the services are provided and clients are billed.

For instance if sales closes a deal for an advertisement in June, to run in our December publication. The booked revenue would be in December, and the earned revenue would be allocated to June once the ad runs.  

Kressie
Participant

I agree! Any updates? This feature would be so helpful for my company to be able to accurately track quotes. 

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

I'm so excited to announce that this morning we have released Quotes to all Sales Professional portals. See details in this knowledge doc as well as information about our integration with Stripe released in conjunction with Quotes. Feel free to post new ideas on the forum about additional functionality you'd like to see us add to the Quotes feature, and to reach out to Support with any questions 🙂

mvandooren
Contributor | Gold Partner

Hey team. Great work on the quotes tool. Question: have you considered to integrate other payment methods besides of Stripe (I.e. PayPal) ? Our Panama-based agency is not eligible for Stripe (yet).

Thank you!  

GSantos
Contributor

Nice job! Here's our feedback:

- Can the Tax in Total have an option for % of the Total Price?

- Signature Options: can we have a eSign option? So prospects can upload their signature and attached to the signature field.

- Is it possible for the "Quote Name" to load the "Deal Name"?

chihao
Participant

TO :HubSpot Product Team

We do test this new function, it nice, you done a good job.

But we still need some fucture to make it become better:

1. We need add some info on product, but not show on quote. Maybe we can have some customerlize columns, and can choice not show on quote?

2. We need some search, filter,order....function on product list. Please add it, or let me know how can I done it.

3.Is it possible to add more way to finish payment, Apple pay,Wechat,...

Thanks  

gigacycle

is this going to be implemented?

amypost
Member | Diamond Partner

Very curious about if we can expect to see an Electronic Signature option? Seems it's either no signature at all, or you have to print and sign? Was very excited about this until I encountered the lack of functionality.

Paige123

Great work!!

How far away is the esign functionality?

Can we please have a click to accept quote button added in the meantime? With a notification sent to the quote sender as well as an update added to the deal timeline?

Love the new feature 🙂

grogasner

There are some great ideas here. To add my own:

It would be ideal if there were a way to click a button while creating a quote that automatically emailed the quote to the customer once published. Maybe I missed it, but it seems like creating the quote and then sending the quote to the customer are currently two different actions, when 99% of the time I want them to happen simultaneously.

mcdellanesta
Contributor

Great job on the Stripe integration. 

Are there any news about the chance to create and manage invoices directly from Hubspot? thanks!

GSantos
Contributor

Is it possible to edit the Quote template?

I want to remove the Product Quantity Counter: 5 x $amount

mlahens
HubSpot Employee

@GSantos, can you talk more about wanting to remove the quantity counter?

GSantos
Contributor

@mlahens Hi! We have some Products that are "hours of service". So if the customer is paying for design, and our designers estimate this job will take them 4 hours to finish it, our Deal has a Product like "Design Hours X 4". It's ok to show this internally in the backend, but when we create a Quote in the Deal, this amount of hours, or amount of the same Product, it's shown in the products table. 

I would like to remove it from the Quote. It's more like an internal metric than for the clients.

Is that possible?

Thank you.