HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM

Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/quotes/invoices in Hubspot CRM.

In order for us to use Hubspot CRM as a stand alone CRM we'd need to be able to choose products within a deal, Calculate the Full Amount if there are multiple products in one deal, and create agreements/quotes/invoices to send (hopefully through electronic signature) to our clients.

Then of course be alerted of the returning signed agreements within CRM.

Automated Triggers throughout the agreement/quotes/invoices process would be great as well.

HubSpot Updates
April 25, 2023 06:49 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot Payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for Payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!

Re: Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM - changed to: Delivered
May 10, 2018 09:46 AM

I'm so excited to announce that this morning we have released Quotes to all Sales Professional portals. See details in this knowledge doc as well as information about our integration with Stripe released in conjunction with Quotes. Feel free to post new ideas on the forum about additional functionality you'd like to see us add to the Quotes feature, and to reach out to Support with any questions 🙂

Re: Generate proposals/quotes from Deals and Products in the CRM - changed to: In Beta
March 06, 2018 12:26 PM

Hey folks - good news, we have an early version of Quotes that is available for Sales Professional customers to start using. 

If you're interested in getting early access, please fill out this form. We'll be slowly granting access as we work out the kinks and implement feedback. 

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Planning
February 05, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi all! I'm renaming changing the status of this idea back from Delivered to In Planning, as I realize most of you are more interested in a proposal/quote generating feature to accompany the Product Library, that way we can keep you up to date as we work to develop that type of feature.

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: Delivered
November 01, 2017 12:48 PM

Products was just launched today (11/1) as part of the brand new Sales Professional.  This feature allows HubSpot users to create a product catalog, attach products to deals in the CRM, and report on what items are actually be sold the most.  

If you're interested in learning more about Sales Professional, check out what's new here: https://offers.hubspot.com/all-new-hubspot-sales-professional

Or, if you already have access, learn more about using Products here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-use-products

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Beta
August 31, 2017 07:10 AM

Creating pricebooks in HubSpot is now in beta for HubSpot Sales Pro users. This feature enables users to create a catalog of products, add those products to deals, and calculate the deal amount automatically. 

If you're a Sales Pro user interested in the beta, please sign up here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

August 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Just a reminder that products and line items are in Alpha. If you're interested in getting early access before Beta, please sign up here https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Re: Create products/pricebooks, & send/receive agreements/invoices in Hubspot CRM. - changed to: In Planning
August 08, 2017 07:18 AM

Hey folks, we're getting pretty close to having an Alpha version of a products catalog available. If you're interested in joining the Alpha group, please sign up for early access here: https://ux.hubspot.com/products-line-items-early-access

Otherwise, we will reach out directly as we move this into Beta. 

April 04, 2017 12:45 PM

71 Replies
rachaelshaw7
Contributor

Any updates on this??

rachaelshaw7
Contributor

Would love to have multiple pricelists:

eg

LOW
STANDARD
HIGH

and assign a customer to a pricelist so that those prices come up when creating invoice. AWESOME!!

FSS-DGA
Participant

I would love to assist in testing the new pricebooks, etc.  I have a good amount of experience in Alpha/Beta testing and would be glad to try to break it or bow to its greatness. lol

adrienb

Hello,

I would like to have access to this beta please !

Regards !

DT_AV_Rentals

Is this a pipe dream or is there a target date for this yet? I have used salesforce extensiveley and the ability to have multiple pricebooks, add products to an opportunity or deal, add discounts, create the quote are all standard features. I am surprised that is not included in Hubspot CRM. 

AndreaBalducci
Participant

Interested in beta testing 🙂

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Products was just launched today (11/1) as part of the brand new Sales Professional.  This feature allows HubSpot users to create a product catalog, attach products to deals in the CRM, and report on what items are actually be sold the most.  

If you're interested in learning more about Sales Professional, check out what's new here: https://offers.hubspot.com/all-new-hubspot-sales-professional

Or, if you already have access, learn more about using Products here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-use-products

robert1
Contributor

Hi - we too would need productizing, quoting and invoicing directly in hubspot. Currently we are using freshbooks as our invoicing tool and unfortunately the integration between hubspot and freshbooks does nothing more than sync contacs. It would be extremely helpful to have this feature direclty in hubspot, also for reporting reasons.

Do you have any kind of ETA? Is this actively being worked on?

robert1
Contributor

@sjudson - just saw your "delivered" status post after commenting. Your new Product feature, while a great start, does not offer quoting or invoicing functionality as far as I can tell - or am I missing something? Are you working on invoicing/quoting?

resmichelle

I am also interested in knowing more about an invocing feauture.

Thanks,

Mikey-Gandy

This looks great but will you be developing functions to produce quotes, invoices and agreements?

fillgapper_koen

Will you also offer features such as: https://www.xero.com/

Meaning it has builtin accounting features.

cketelaar

The basic functionality is great for calculating a deals total amount. However, I can't create reports as I did using custom properties for each product now. It is kind of a workaround but we have been using custom properties to enter the value for each product, and manually add it up and fill out the total amount propertie. As you can imagine, this requires a lot of custom properties (one for each product/service) however, doing so allows us to build reports for specific portfolios or products. We can filter reports on these properties (show al deals where property 'custom product'>0) or even set these properties as columns in my table and look at a forecast of multiple products per sales rep, per close date per month,  per probability, etc.

In comes the new product library; It allows us to store and mage a lot more products. We try to keep the number of custom properties under control a:-). Also we can auto-update the deal's total amount automatically. However: two things hold us back from switching to the product library completely;

a) the reports as described above are not possible (yet?). I want to spread the total amount of my deals in tables or graphs into separate values and look at the values per product or service. It would allow us to look at a specific sales rep and analyze what products he is selling in a specific time frame or what he/she can forecast with a specific probability. Could you provide an update on how and when the product library will become available in the reporting/dashboard functionality of Hubspot?

b) The second thing is: the reports and deals are focused on order intake assuming the order intake is not spread over time. This makes sense from a 'contract' perspective: when a customer buys your products or services, the total amount is signed for. However, as a services company we have to deal with forecasting monthly recurring revenue (MRR) per customer, per product or portfolio-category. any thoughts on this?

msarojak

Yes, we need this.

BoomCloud

I agree with this as well. We neeeeeeeeed this asap!!! Thanks! 

chihao
Participant

Do you have any plan to develop functions to produce quotes, invoices, and agreements?

Please update, thanks a lot.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! I'm renaming changing the status of this idea back from Delivered to In Planning, as I realize most of you are more interested in a proposal/quote generating feature to accompany the Product Library, that way we can keep you up to date as we work to develop that type of feature.

Tomorrow

Hi, I was wondering if this feature has been created? 

Spidey

I freelance and this is the only missing link here. 
Like 'And Co' has their invoicing module now..that would be awesome to integrate with Hubspot. 
Visually attractive. Easy to read. Track outstanding proposals, include contracts, sign online, Time track, send invoices.. 
It would be perfect to have them all integrated into Hubspot CRM. 

I don't need to put my expenses in it, I think many people would go with separate accounting software..but the invoicing..yes..that would help soooo much. 

Cannot wait for it!!

Miquel

Yes, a quoting option would be great. Something link: https://www.quotientapp.com/au/ or some form of integration with this platform.