HubSpot Ideas

ErikaJ

General exclusion rule for active lists

It would be great to have the ability to add a general exclusion rule to an active list, rather than having to update every single OR criteria with the exclusion rule. 

Here are a few examples: 

-We're creating a list of contacts to clear from our database (export and delete). We have a bunch of different criteria for cleaning contacts from the list, but we do not want customers to be cleared and sometimes they fit into those criteria. It would be nice to have a general rule excluding anyone marked Customer rather than having to exclude them from every criteria. 

-We have multiple ways for people to sign up for our webinars which all become criteria in a list of webinar registrants. We often test our own forms and, despite having our IP excluded, we still show up in the list of registrants. It would be beneficial to have a universal exclusion rule for our email domain instead of having to add it to all of the criteria.

4 Replies
CandC

I would like to see a "temporary exclusion", as sometimes I don't want to send specific communications to contacts that are not longer valid for certain active lists.

MGabrielson

Sometimes there are clients who no longer need to be on a list so it would be great to be able to remove them from that list. Seems simple to me (?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be helpful for sure! 

DebraK

Active lists are great, but we should be able to edit them as we want based on what works for individual businesses. There are times we wnat to remove them from certain lists without deleting the entire contact & history.