HubSpot Ideas

karinamariotti

Future Rolling Date Range

The sales team needs to be able to view a report that shows upcoming close dates for deal in particular stages. Ideally, it would be a report that would show the NEXT 120 days. 

Currently, the only options for rolling date ranges are for the LAST X days.  

An option for NEXT X days is needed.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
August 26, 2022 11:37 AM

Hello everyone!

As always, thank you all for your continued input and patience as we worked to deliver custom rolling date periods. For now, this addition is specific to the custom report builder and its powerful new date comparisons feature.

When using the new "Compare by" channel, you're able to compare data across a specific time range. There is now a Custom option under "Filer period," which allows you to to select the date part you want to compare by (i.e. day, week, month, quarter, year) and set the number of periods you would like to include. Also, there is an option to determine whether these periods are in a next or last timeframe.

custom rolling date rangecustom rolling date range

We recognize that this is currently only offered in a specific tool within HubSpot and that it's desired to be included more globally. We have other teams that are working hard to expand this functionality to filtering options in general. I am hopeful that this type of functionality will be more readibly available across filtering by either the end of this year or early 2023. 

April 26, 2022 12:51 PM

Hi @clarencey! Thanks for reaching out and continuing to share your feedback. 

I'm happy to report that we are actively working on supporting a custom rolling date range, (i.e. last x period, next x period), which would provide a future-looking view. The initial place that this will be supported is within the custom report builder, specifically with the new date range comparisons functionality, which is currently in a public beta. Alongside the update in the custom report builder, we are working with the filters team to have this added as a standard option overall.

I anticipate that the custom report builder will support a custom rolling date range for our "Compare by" beta feature this quarter, and there are plans for implementation in standard filtering later this year. For now, I'd recommend using the "days from now" option when doing future-looking filters within Lists, which can then be applied as a filter to any custom report. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 3.39.44 PM.png

I will update this thread as this work progresses, and thanks again for all of your valuable feedback!

Being Reviewed
June 16, 2020 12:14 PM

Hi folks,

I’m Meaghan Griffith, the product manager for HubSpot’s reporting tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this Idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned.

Thanks again, 

Meaghan

77 Replies
CJenson

This is really needed to understand future business.  Please prioritize this as it should be very easy coding to to NEXT X Days in the same way you do LAST X Days

patrickb

I would like to hear a response from hubspot about this, as this seems a very simple feature which a lot of customers would have a strong use-case for.

sz9t52

Some options for NEXT x days is deperately needed.  

I need to see what is going to close in the next 14 days - and I can't do it.

HubSpotOTron

We also need a rolling future time period urgently.  Without it is like having to drive a car with front window blacked out. Sure rearview mirrors are useful once in a while, but in order to run a business we need to be able to look ahead. At the moment HubSpot doesn't really help me to that. That's frustrating, especially since this seems like a very basic feature, that's not a big deal to implement.

We would like to have a rolling forecast for the next 1, 2 and 3 months. That would really help us.

bwilgar

Is there a timeframe for getting this implemented?

mgriffith
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I’m Meaghan Griffith, the product manager for HubSpot’s reporting tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this Idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned.

Thanks again, 

Meaghan

JLRieu

I would also suggest Rolling Future Weeks in addition to days.  For Example:  in the case of deals, Close date in next (x) weeks

diensty

thats a great idea!

We need this urgently to make our forecasts!

marmosonyc

I am surprised this request has been taking this long, given as originally called out the functionality requested is already there but just for PAST days rather than FUTURE days. All that is needed is take the "Rolling date range" filter already there to include not just LAST but also NEXT days (please see screenshot below). Should be very simple to implement, and it is so crucial for our business reporting (for which we pay a significant monthly fee) to work properly and make sense for our business (as it is for many others given the upvotes/comments).

Glad to see this has been picked up for review a few weeks ago, but would very much value the implementation being accelerated given the apparent ease and simplicity of this request.

Thank you so much!

SCREENSHOT OF EXISTING "LAST" options to be augmented with "NEXT" options :

ROLLING DATE.JPG

PadrigOH

This is what we need as well - manually setting the future date range every week / month across a lot of reports is very time consuming and seems like such basic functionality for a reporting tool.

michaelloberman

also why on the rolling date feature can you not include current day?

i have a report i want to show "hot leads" which include any that have had a status update in the last 30 days

however with the rolling days feature it only shows last 30 days not including today. therefore if something has been updated today it would not appear in the report

pecrose
Participant

Agreed. We need to have the "Rolling date range" available for future dates, not just past dates - This would be extremely helpful as right now you can't automate reports, as you have to change the custom date range, every time and that's not a long-term solution.

JimPeyton

Our least senior developer could program this feature from his phone while waiting at a stoplight. There's more energy going into typing requests than it would take to just do it.

I can't imagine there's internal debate on the utility of future data ranges for a forecasting report.

Marius_T

I really hope this is being implemented anytime soon! Need it for optimizing my dashboard and to save a lot of time editing reports. Thanks!

DRedys

Thank you for the help.

ideally just like to add. next 30, 60, and 90 days to "rolling date range"

More interesting if forecasting forward.

Please let me know if you have any quesitons or ideas.

2021-01-08_9-59-43 hubspot.gif

SaWells
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Is there a status on this? One of my clients is looking for this exact feature. Quite a bit of time is being wasted each week updating reports with new date selections.

Tweaking their reports, here is an interim solution:

Update the Date Property/Date Range to All Data

**In this example, we are using Close Date**

Under Filters, add that Field and select "Days to Close is between 0 and 180"

MSuckling

Please get this done - it is a very basic feature for any forward looking team

CMayer
Contributor

Any updates on this @mgriffith

This is be really heavily needed by a lot of users.

We are currently building around this with external systems quering information through the API, doing primary school calculations and then writing the information to a new field in Hubspot. This is really the most expensive workaround every 🙄 Unfortunately workflows are not able to solve those date challenges as they can also not to calculation. Its the same as having the today date available for calculation that is not possible.

MStephenson
Participant

This shoul dbe very basic functionality. If we can go backwards why cant we go forwards?

MStephenson
Participant

There is a similar request perhaps go here and vote as well https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-Next-XXX-days-to-filter/idc-p/433744#M81757