HubSpot Ideas

lou_ae

Functionality + support for branding in Dark Mode

Hi there

As many may have noticed, big brands are starting to add in the option to view UI in Dark Mode. When we send out an email, our branding currently uses dark text - as most email clients (up until now) have had a light background. If we were to send out an email with our current logo and the user views it with their UI set to Dark Mode, it will appear like this:

dark mode.png

We have reached out to find out whether HubSpot can send out the suitable logo version (either light text or dark text) depending on the user's interface preference, but there is currently no support for this.

Has anyone else experienced this same issue? We are not interested in changing our branding just to resolve this issue (some suggestions have been to add a stroke around the text or change the shade of the writing...)

Can HubSpot please consider support for this? We believe the inclusion of Dark Mode as a UI option will only increase going forward.

Thanks

Lou

118 Kommentare
aerinpaulo
Mitglied

Same here - our background color and button colors get changed to weird colors that don't match our branding in darkmode - @ Hubspot - any update on this? It seems weird to have to upvote something that's been commonplace in the tech industry for almost a year now. 

ThundraTeam
Teilnehmer/-in

Exactly! The text is adjusting automatically; however, our logo and the images we place inside the email are barely visible with the dark mode! I Hope HubSpot can help us with this problem ASAP.

settestad
Mitglied

Hello... Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I'm sure this is difficult from a programming perspective. But it would be awesome if there were assets for each mode and depending on the setting for the email client it could pull the design assets and settings for dark mode.

Until then, we'll figure out a design workaround for assets like our transparent.png logos, etc. to effectively look decent in both modes.

MariaN3
Teilnehmer/-in

We have the same issue - It would be great if you have soon a solution for it!

Edyta7510
Ratgeber/-in

Hubspot, please! this is a real problem

squintero
Mitglied

Just upvoted, having a way to manage dark mode while we're creating the email is becoming necessary more than optional. We've all seen the numbers, in this year the use of dark mode is going to increase significantly. 

fuaditrockz
Mitglied

We got the problem about this too. Do u have any idea about this? If we using it as HTML and CSS, it will be messy when I put the css dark mode inline on the html.

Otterbot
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Same issue - this is VERY important for Accessibility!!

JGunteski
Mitglied

Please make this an option! We need this badly. Thanks!

LauraSanchez
Mitglied

I agree, this is important and relatively easy to fix! At least the icons shouldn't have a white background, they should be transparent. Please Mr. Hubspot! 🙂 

noramv
Teilnehmer/-in

Was searching through boards for something about this topic because it's a problem for us as well, and came across this post  which just had a Hubspot partner redirecting them here. 

And *shocker* there are no responses here from anyone with Hubspot. Guess Ill just keep doing what Im doing and hope people only open our emails during daylight hours. 

JHardy
Mitglied

Chiming in to say this is also very important for us as well.

ianjaynorris
Mitglied

This is an excellent idea, we'd love the option to switch between light/dark mode and tweak the email design accordingly!

hannalofving
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

Please take this idea into consideration! 

amarareps
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

Hubspot? Are you listening? We need this so badly! My emails look attrocious in dark mode across the board. I would hate to have to redesign all of my emails for dark mode. I can't figure out why all of my colors look like **bleep**. 😕 

AGreening
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a pretty elementary concern but has gone unaddressed for years at this point...any idea on when HubSpot will accomodate such a massively popular user setting?

LEvers
Mitglied

Just upvoting. Same problem here: We can't create logos and other graphics fitting for both modes, normal and dark. So we NEED a function to split either the complete mail or (prefered) the embedded pictures.

MEF
Mitglied

For those not aware (I wasn't) - in the email preview you can find and select a few dark mode clients.

Doesn't solve the issue but does let you check how it is going to look.

ethan-miller
Mitglied

Yes, this is a pretty basic feature (among a list of others missing from HS) that 'should' have been resolved quite awhile ago.

CarolineZ
Mitglied

Definitely a problem. Very important for us!