HubSpot Ideas

AnthonyStretten

Front end drag and drop email builder

One for the most frustrating elements to Hubspot is the email builder. To have to build a template for an email that requires a slightly different layout just quadruples the time to make the email.

Many other tools that we use in parallel with Hubspot allow for a front end drag and drop email builder. This gives you the freedom to adjust the word within a template but also add/remove module with ease.

Please implement asap as this has become the norm across lots of marketing tools.

31 Comentarios
gdiggles
Participante

I agree. Hubspot leads in so many other great areas. I'm shocked that we are forced to create a completely new template every time there is a slight variation in the email layout. The current system is EXTREMELY clunky, time consuming and a disservice to Hubspot users. I can build a webpage in Wordpress in a matter of minutes. It takes me upwards to an hour to build out an email from scratch if I want it to have any creative design. A deal breaker for me and, if not signed into a 12 month committment, would have probably looked elsewhere. Hubspot, when can we expect a better solution to this?

ashenton
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

I totally agree. This has been a major point of frustration for clients of mine who have been used to working in Mailchimp and other drag and drop builders. We were so tired of having to build new templates from scratch every time we needed a slight change that we developed our own template to workaround it. However, it's still not as intuitive as a drag and drop builder. 

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
kleonard
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

joseoverit
Miembro

This is something I really would like to see added as well. 

RobynPryor
Miembro

Is there a timeline in which Hubspot will make a drag and drop available for customers? 

I would love to create a template for my marketing managers to use where they can rearrange the layout of the email yet keep the foundations of the design the same ensuring consistent branding and ease of use for them. 

dbv
Miembro

Is there any update to this? This is a pretty frustrating part of HubSpot. If I would have known the email builder was so limited I wouldn't have come on board....

CaitlinRyan
Miembro

I couldn't agree more!

mecalagill
Colaborador

YES!! Please. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to just give up on hubspot emails because of how difficult it is to create emails. Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and Emma have such nicer ways to create emails. I would really like it to be more functional like those. It is so limited with photos and tables and they always look weird when I send out a test. I have to do so much extra work because of this. 

user9274004
Participante

Could you please give us an estimated date on this? We really need this feature!

CaitlinRyan
Miembro

Yes please I would like an estimate time too. I have recently moved to HubSpot and my management team are pressuring me to send email campaigns from the system. I am reluctant to move away from MailChimp as it has a much better email building system (I would like Hubspot to be more like mailchimp), and the HubSpot email builder is embarresing and very time consuming to use. As I had to convince our management team to invest alot of money toward HubSpot, I am now suffering the pain of the new email builder.

dan_cb
Miembro

Agreed. Emails take way too much time. I, too, would like to have an estimate on this

MichelleFink
Colaborador

This problem makes it very difficult to move from Mailchimp to Hubspot when sending emails and newsletters. We have a monthly newsletter that is sent out to clients with a standard template layout that we follow. One HUGE issue is that I have the entire newsletter content/copy in place and then someone might want to include something extra (outside of the normal template) for just that month and there is no way to add an additional module to the email. We can add that section to the template and then create an email from that template again but then you lose ALL of your content and have to start over when it was nearly completed.

sclasen
Participante

I am flabbergasted to realize I need a different template for each slight variation in emails! I've used Constant Contact, MailChimp, Infusionsoft, Campaign Monitor, Active Campaign and Drip to build emails and every single one of them has as simple drag and drop email builder with various modules to create emails on the fly. And they've all had that ability for YEARS!!

I'm just like CaitlinRyan, I had to convince my bos to invest a lot of money into HubSpot and I made the wrong assumption that I would not go backwards in the simple task of building emails. So frustrating.

Please give an update on timeline of release.

ebonilla
Participante

Another long-time Hubspot customer waiting for an update for the email layout drag & drop builder. This would make my email building far more productive and cut time.

leahhodges
Miembro

Has anyone seen an update to this or know when this feature will become available?? Or does anyone have suggestions on how to get around this issue? Thank you!

dyenamic
Miembro

Are there any updates to this? I just started using HubSpot in January and email is our primary way of communicating with our prospects and customers. We are trying to migrate our newsletter and email campaigns from MailChimp but we can't because our newsletter content varies a bit every month and we need the ability to add/delete content blocks.

I need flexible, drag and drop email templates and had no idea HubSpot didn't have this capability when we purchased it. I'm not a coder -- I'm a marketer. Since HubSpot is supposed to be a marketing tool, it seems that this essential marketing feature would be a priority. I don't get it.

leahhodges
Miembro

My team just got word the drag and drop functionality is in the works. We saw a demo and it looks like these new features are exactly what we've been looking for! No word yet on when it will be released to the entire community, currently it's in beta with a small group of users.

dyenamic
Miembro

@leahhodges that is great news! I will keep on the lookout. Thanks for the update!

rsvpintl
Miembro

"Is there any update to when a drag & drop feature might be rolled out?" she asked as she clunkily tried to edit email layouts and shook her fists in the air for the 4th hour today. 

Seriously though, we need a more responsive email creation system. When can we expect this finished? 

scottdefusco
Miembro

Folks - I may be jumping the gun by posting this here.  I'm new to Hubspot so forgive me if I'm breaking protocol.  We were using Mailchimp before implementing HubSpot Marketing.  When I first saw the email builder, I almost bailed.  Then they showed me the new drag-and-drop builder, which I am now using as a BETA user, and I'm blown away.  I actually prefer it in some respects to the Mailchimp builder, which says a lot.  So hopefully it won't be liong before everyone gets their hands on it because it's awesome.