HubSpot Ideas

BSheck

Frequency Cap Enhancement: "daily" = a set 24-hour period

First of all, I am glad that HubSpot offers a Frequency Cap setting. But I do have a request.

The topic of the Frequency Cap specifics has been raised in previous threads, but what I have discovered recently is that when I select "daily" as the timeframe in the Frequency Cap setting in our account, I assumed it was based on a set 24-hour period (i.e., 12:00AM to 11:59PM in the same day and would reset at 12:01AM the following day); however, it's based on some undefined ROLLING 24-hour period. I learned this the hard way (over the weekend no less) when I discovered that an email that was supposed to go to 70k+ contacts only went to 4k contacts, largely foiled by the daily frequency cap that I thought would have "reset" at 12:01 AM that day.

This "rolling" approach to a 24-hour period means that I have no accurate way of planning a scheduled email ahead of time to ensure that the cap is not met at the time the scheduled email is sent out. How does (or can) anyone plan for this?

My request is to change this 24-hour rolling period to a set time of midnight to midnight so that we can plan the number of emails sent to any given contact each day without risking going over the cap.

Thank you.