HubSpot Ideas

abockler

Freeze header row in Contacts view

I would love to see HubSpot freeze the header row in the Contacts view. 

If I have 100 contacts in my view, and I'm selecting 3 contacts down the list, I have to scroll up to the top to Assign or Edit these contacts. I would love if the header was omnipresent so I wouldn't have to scroll up. 

48 Replies
Jems212
Participant

Was about to suggest this too.  Please freeze header so field names are still there as you scroll down contacts. thanks, 

Jemma Header bar in viewHeader bar in viewWhen scroll down contacts it disappearsWhen scroll down contacts it disappears

MikeRose
Participant | Diamond Partner

I completely agree. Thanks for positng Jems212!

TonyP

It would make life easier if the table header and the table body could spearated so it can then be fixed relative to the columns below.

Much like the freeze panes option in excel where the header didn't move with a vertical scroll, and the checkboxes didn't move with a horzontal scroll.

rosskelly
Participant

I 100% agree and upvote this suggestion. Such a basic functionality you thought they wouldn't miss this one!

gbianchini

Yes and also on the Companies page as well.

rosskelly
Participant

I really wish Hubspot would do something about this soon!

tomtuttle

My dev team has offered to make this happen for you, HubSpot. Super simple and EXTREMELY impactful on UI. Make this happen.

rosskelly
Participant

Hey Hubspot people, why don't you hire @tomtuttle to give you hand? I think it will really improve UX and it is such a basic feature that you need to implement.

Would be good if someone from Hubspot actually acknowleded these requests...

Anonymous
Not applicable

We really need this - the header row should be locked in place so we don't have to guess which field we are looking at. ALSO - REALLY WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE NAME (first column) LOCKED, TOO! when scrollling from left to right to see more columns, we lose track of who are are looking at. Similar to Excel, option to freeze would be awesome!

rosskelly
Participant

Is Hubspot ever going to do anything about this? Thinking of moving to Insightly if Hubspot can't sort this out!

GeorgeGavrila

Could not agree more - looking forward to see this in the development pipeline!

rosskelly
Participant

WHEN IS HUBSPOT GOING TO FIX THIS!!!

Audralyniler

The option to freeze the header row would be an amazing add. I also love the idea of having the option of freezing certain rows for a left to right scroll similar to Excel. 

Would be a big win for the user! 

blueview1901

TOTALLY agree! Just like in Excel when you can freeze the top row of column headers as well as the left column where the NAME is it's impossible to remember either WHAT column heading you are looking in OR what CONTACT you are looking at if you've scrolled too far to the right.

henrykorner

I couldn't agree to the above more.

It is ridiculous that you can't freee the subject headers, like you can do on most programs. On most online programs these headers will be frozen in place automatically.

Hartzdaniel
Participant

I also agree with this. And not just for contacts and companies, but for all lists, including, but not limited to tasks, deals, etc.

Thanks!

JShang
Participant

What @gbianchini said - not just Contacts - but pretty much every table in Hubspot could use this...

JM_Yang

Please freeze it ASAP, I guess this suggestion has to be executed since it should be quite simple!

AndyGolub

I am a brand new user.  Yup.  This is absolutely a feature that the product needs.  Thank-you to the user community for highlighting this.

Andy

cbierwerth
Participant

Could you PLEASE add a freeze top row to your system? When you scroll down anywhere in your system where there is a table you cannot see the column labels and you have to continually scroll back up to see what you are doing. Like Delete duplicates created by the activity feed.