HubSpot Ideas

Roeland_RS

Freedom to decide what we show in middle column / left / right sidebar

TLDR:
Please let us add left sidebar properties/cards and right sidebar cards to the middle column as sections. 

At the moment, if I understand correcty, the layout logic of a record is as follows:

- Left sidebar shows properties unique to that object/record

- Right sidebar shows certain cards with a select few properties/records related to that object from other objects

- Middle column shows associated objects and activities

Personally, I find this very unintuitive and I'd be curious to hear the UX philsophy behind this from Hubspot. 

The middle column is the widest and allows for the most information to be viewed taking up 50% of the page. For me it would be logical to display the most relevant information to this record/object here. 

So concretely, I want to show record properties here. And some related record information (right sidebar). The middle column is used for the least used and relevant information at the moment. 

Apart from recent communications. 

Example:

For a deal, in the middle column, I would want to show the company name, the deal name, the deal amount, close date, stage, pipeline and relevant deal specific properties. For a deal, i would also want to display line items here, rather than in a tiny card on the right. 

Now as a user, when you open a deal, your most relevant information is split between the right hand side view and left hand side view. The middle view is about 50% of the page and mostly ignored. 

If you had an eye-tracker, you would see my eyes move to the top left of the page to see deal info, and then right-side to see line items, related contact etc. 

Why not give us the freedom to customize record views the way that is the most efficient for our way of working?

I tried to look for already existing ideas but couldn't find any.

0 Upvotes