HubSpot Ideas

Compuware

Forward to a friend

Would be great if HubSpot would implement the forward to a friend feature!

43 Comentários
Pablo
Participante

You can create a CTA or link to forward to a friend. 

I usually use this website to create the personalized email - http://www.cha4mot.com/t_mailto.html

As well I use the Tracking link builder (in HubSpot) in order to see how many people are created from the Forward to a Friend.

Hope this helps.

roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey @Compuware as Pablo referenced above this can be done using the HubSpot CTA tool / including forward links. Furthermore the Social Sharing module used in HubSpot's default page and email templates also include this feature. Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 11.36.37 AM.png

Compuware
Top colaborador(a)

Thanks for the posts. And understand as we currently creating CTAs for this feature. However, we should not have to "know" code for desired content to render. Also, by "mailto" you are limiting the tracking of how many times an individual my have forwarded. With a native Forward to a friend it typically allows the user to send to one individual at a time and then renders a send more to repeat the process. It's also cumbersome to continue to create a net new CTA for every email you may want to use this feature in. In the previous marketing systems we have used this was native and part of the personalization.

As for the social sharing. That can be yet another idea to post. As our company is available on various social channels and also have our own blog post. With the "out of the box" social sharing channels in HubSpot we are limited. There is no ability to add other sources: instagram, flipboard, our blog, etc.

In the meantime, we are currently using what we can on our landing pages with the out-of-the-box social. For our emails we have resorted to adding custom code to our templates.

sarahaas
Participante

Hi,

I'm running into issues using the CTA and mailto link.  It doesn't actually forward the content of the email.  How are you accounting for that?

Thanks,

Sara

XcellerateIT
Membro

Hi 

I was at the Fundatmentals training on Monday 27/11/17 with Sheena and she said there is a work around for forwarding an invitation. Would you please be able to provide me with this information?

Many thanks,

Carolyn Levin

Mathieu
Membro

Pablo, how did you insert mailto address in the CTA tracking URL builder? I have no choice to insert http:// or https:// and it's not a valid address with mailto:email@domain.com

jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @Mathieu,

You can insert a mailto link in a CTA by following the steps here.

Compuware
Top colaborador(a)

Hi @jennysowyrda - while the documentation provided is helpful it's cumbersome. If would benice to have the feature where you do not have to customize your own string. 

noamkahn
HubSpot Employee

Hi--I know this post is old, but I just encountered a customer with this request and I found an awesome resource provided by HubSpot user.

https://www.stephanieogaygarcia.com/blog/add-a-forward-to-a-friend-link-to-hubspot-emails

jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade

Thanks for sharing @noamkahn!

cc @Stephanie-OG thanks for creating such great content! 🙂 

annieseattle
Colaborador(a)

This is a great workaround.  I'm using something very similar now, but I love how clearly she's sharing this insight. 

**NOTE FOR HUBSPOT**

Unfortunately, it would also be great if it would actually forward the email itself and not a web version of the email.    It seems a bit odd for many folks to use, particularly in an era in which folks don't like to click on seemingly random links.   Thanks!

Manda_13
Participante

Hi there, what about creating a CTA in an email that says "Share with a colleague" so the user can simply click that button and it would essentially open an email they could forward to any email address. Possible??

Msyvrais
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

I also agree this would be a benefit to have. To be able to forward interesting content right from the source without major time involved in creating the solution by the click of a button

jeremiahLTM
Membro

I'm just here to UPVOTE this idea. I would love to see a native forwarding function that allows recipients to share content to multiple emails and Hubspot track "who" sent "what."

SarahM
Participante

Native forwarding function is essential for us, and whilst you can do a workaround - Can we just make marketers' lives easier and integrate that functionality, please?

LeishaR
Membro

Yes , this would be a great feature to have!!

tstack
Membro

I would like to UPVOTE have this feature as well. The emails look weird if they have been forwarded - not the aesthetic we had in mind when designing them. We would also prefer to not have to do the workaround.

Thanks!

DavidC
Participante

Yes please! Any time someone forwards an email with a link and the other person fills in a form we get messed up contact records. Only way to stop it is to create new contact record with new email but then we can't pre-populate forms nor use progressive profiling - not a great option!

aizgarian
Membro

Hi there,

Is there an ETA for this feature? Seems like a basic feature for an email distributor.

twatson
Participante

This is absolutely needed to prevent false attribution of actions or subscriptions resulting from forwarded emails!