HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Forward to a friend feature for email marketing

Add forward to a friend feature to email. When the user clicks on this link, they are taken to a form where they can enter 10 colleagues email addresses and contact details in which the email is resent to them (which looks exactly like the original email)

18 Replies
Compuware
Top Contributor

This is part of this request. Not certain how this can be tagged so the roll-up to the idea has more up votes.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing/Forward-to-a-friend/td-p/2504

JenP
Contributor

Has this feature been built yet?  It seems to be a comon feature in emails I receive from other companies. Thanks

jacey_nelson

I agree this would be helpful! It would be awesome if there was a CTA that could say "share with a friend" or "share with a colleague" and it would forward the email. 

William_Smith

Would be great if we could just have the basic version we place in a newsletter that is a mailto link but it forwards the email the link is clicked from.

randycmitchell

Vote yes

lflosznik

I can't believe this doesn't exist. Let's brainstorm a hack. Can we link to a pre-populated email or form that we don't capture names, which triggers an email to the friend to a form? (Yuck.) Surely someone has a better idea. 

RobinT
Participant

Yes, would definitely use this feature. 

FactorCloud

Yes on "forward this site to a friend" function!

MarthaLord
Participant

We have this feature in MailChimp and would like to have it in HubSpot to continue to extend the reach of our emails.

sconemed

Yes, we need this feature please!! 

sisebrand

Agree! I send event invitations out via marketing email in HS and my team wants a copy so that they can email the invitation to their networks as well. I don't want to add my team to HubSpot as leads and would prefer not to have to send the email to me and then forward each of them to use. 

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @khughes ,

I am the PM of Marketing Email. Thanks for the message. This is a nice idea and i will take this to the team. However as its not planned for the coming Quarter, i will leave as not planned for transparency purposes. I iwll reveist and update when we have more bandwidth.

Best,

Shane 

CChau

Hi, just want to check the status of this?

Babis_Mate
Contributor

Hello, any update regarding this? It would be extremely helpful

davidharding
Participant

Running into issues where multiple column emails break layout format when forwarded. I understand the "Forward to a friend" feature is the fix for this, as mentioned in this Litmus article referenced by this Hubspot community article. Please add my vote for this feature request!

CDinehart

This feature should be added! Missing out on growth oppurtunities by not having this feature that competition has 😞 Bummer.

SBerger3
Participant | Platinum Partner

What is the timeline for implementing the 'Forward to a Friend' feature for email editor? This should be a standard basic feature in a marketing automation platform.  Seeing clicks to this feature would allow marketers to see if contacts are forwarding emails or not, and we can make informed decisions based on that information.

Using source code is not ideal or efficient for lean marketing teams that have few staff to implement emails and may not have coding experience.

FMusteqja

2023 and this feature would still be very useful - can you please make it happen @hubspot🤞🤞