HubSpot Ideas

smartinez

Forward Emails from Conversations

We need some type of forwarding tool in hubspots inbox so we can send emails to different departments within out company. Currently we are unable to change who the email is being sent to when replying. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
September 29, 2020 07:06 AM

Hello everyone, 

This feature is now available to all customers using email in Conversations Inbox & CRM. More details about this feature here - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/collaborate-with-your-team-in-the-conversations-inbox#forward-an-email-from-the-inbox

Thank you for your patience and feedback in the process. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

In Planning
April 20, 2020 06:54 AM

Hello!

Thank you everyone who participated in the survey! We got 30+ responses and have reached out to some of you to conduct user testing for this new feature. Unfortunately we are not able to do this with all of you but rest assured we will consider the feedback you have given us in the survey. 

I'll keep you all updated on the progress we make. Thank you for your patience. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

In Planning
April 06, 2020 11:24 AM

Hello everyone!

This feature is currently in the planning phase and we need your help! Please fill out this short survey and give us your feedback - https://forms.gle/3cAopTNT2QyB9eeX6

Look forward to working with this community.

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

102 Replies
andresmorera
Participant | Gold Partner

I believe that more than one institution like Las Catalinas, which I represent requieres to forward emails to other departments which accompany a HubSpot Task. I cant believe that HubSpot having clients like banks, hotels, manufactures, etc.. have not been able to develop this feature to the HubSpot Inbox.

Andres Morera

Las Catalinas, Costa Rica

andresmorera

I believe that more than one institution like Las Catalinas, which I represent requieres to forward emails to other departments which accompany a HubSpot Task. I cant believe that HubSpot having clients like banks, hotels, manufactures, etc.. have not been able to develop this feature to the HubSpot Inbox.

Andres Morera

Las Catalinas, Costa Rica

DagmarH

This is a feature that we really need. It's very difficult working in the inbox without being able to fwd mail.

michael13parker

How was this feature not implemented before Conversations was launched? Was there any outside beta testing done before it was launched?

Sometimes customers email us about things that we need to forward to our logistics team who don't use HubSpot. Right now for any emails that need to be forwarded, we need to open Gmail and forward them from there which takes a lot of extra time each time we have to do it.

michael13parker

Checking in on this again. Looking forward to hearing when this feature will be available. 

bonniee
Participant

So there's kinda a way to do this, but it's really clunky and not intuitive. See the screenshot. We have both personal emails and department emails. Customers can email either. Only the department email (our support email) is used for the Support Hub. We will have customers email us directly and we forward the email to our support email to add the conversion to HubSpot. We change the Contact and the Customer. But the TO address is still whoever forwarded the email, and not the contact we selected. However, if you expand the Reply box (Edit Email Detail" you can type the email address you need or link other details such as companies, contacts, emails, and tickets. If the contact isn't in HS I believe you can still type it in. It's pretty frustrating. From what it sounds like, they don't plan on changing the way forwarded emails are handled. 

2019-05-02_14-41-36.png

fjab

Super important for our workflow. Since you can't reply to emails in Conversations on the go (I know, right?), we sometimes need to forward an incoming email to people on the road. 

fjab

Btw, a few days ago I tried what bonniee suggested above and it cut off the entire email, so that effectively an empty message got forwarded.

luis1

Great Idea!!! we need it too!!!

AGH

For some support desks, we recieve templated emails/requests. If we are dealing with 3rd parties, or acting as 'middle men', 'gateways', or 're-sellers', we are then needing to forward the email/request onto another email address.

Could Hubspot please create the basic function to allow the forwarding of a conversion within the inbox to another email address (not limited to other team members) the same way you can do this from the native email client, such as Gmail or Outlook.

This feature would be incredibly useful & will enable not only our business, but a LARGE number of businesses to entirely work within the Hubspot platform.

Thank you.

bhodso

The basic use-case we're trying to solve in HubSpot Service hub is:

• (example)
  • A customer sends an email to our paid training team asking for some help with a feature.
  • The paid training team contacts the customer and determines that the customer is not interested in paid training but just had a few questions they needed answered by our support team.
  • The paid training team needs to hand-off this customer's conversation to the support department's Inbox.

Currently in HubSpot services, this conversation has to stay in the Paid Training inbox even though it is not for them or being worked on by them.

A few possible solutions in HubSpot could be:

• Reassign the conversation to a team member in Support and the conversation moves from the Paid Training inbox to the Support inbox.
  • A "move" button available on the conversation that allows you to move it between inboxes.
martechaa
Contributor

This is a really important feature, when will it be available??

rmagness
Participant

We also need this!

Kasiek
Contributor

Definitely forwarding is needed, wierd that it isn`t implemented from the beggining. 

Quite often we have situation that we need to need to forward specific tickets (with emails) to an email address outside of HubSpot. I thought that I can do this using workflow. Maybe something like: when ticket property "category" will have value "forward" send internal email with ticket properties to proper email address? But it is a way of circumventing the lack of a feature. And of course will work only if it will be just one email address... don`t know if this make sense. 

ninjazone

I have noooo idea how this slipped past us when we signed on. It should've been a deal-breaker, but we never thought for a second that we couldn't forward emails. The conversations section is meant to be an inbox, and inboxes allow for replies, forwards, bccs, etc. This forces us to have to maintain a separate inbox in addition to HS. We just started with HS not too long ago, and so far, we LOVE it, but this is super disappointing! Fingers crossed for an update soon! Thank you for providing this platform where we can offer product feedback. 🙂 

rmagness
Participant

We have found a work around that you can reply to a message and change the address to whoever you want to forward the message to.

It looks like it doesn't include the message, but it does.  (try a test by replying, but adding your email as the To address.  You get it similar to a forward.

Still seems silly that there is a need for a work around AND doesn't forward attachments, just the text.  NEED FORWARD ablity.

ValDeslo

Please please please work on this feature as soon as possible, my team really needs it to be able to work properly. 

Sotiria03
Participant

YES please!

andresmorera

Any news about this? We need to forward and reply all features on the HubSpot Inbox

Jragon

Hubspot was promoted to us as the best new thing in business. 

To subesquently discover that one of the most basic tools in business (replying to or forwarding on an email enquiry) was not considered worthy of inclusion by the developers is just staggering.  What's worse, nothing appears to be happening in this area as I am seeing forum contributions dating back nine months, all requesting this feature but with no progression from Hubspot.

It does not inspire confidence.