HubSpot Ideas

coadycameron

Forms need to have a reply-to property you can set

I'd like to set the "Email" field to be the reply-to address when replying to emails submitted through Hubspot Forms on my website. This way when I reply to those submissions from my inbox, the to field will the submitter's email address. Currently when I reply to emails, the default to address is noreply@hubspot.com which is not helpful.

9 Replies
Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @coadycameron all emails sent out must be sent from an email server. HubSpot uses our internal notifications system and server to send out form notification emails. These notification emails are meant to inform recipients of the fields submit on a form submission. 

Sending an email requires control over an email server, this means, in order for an email to be set as a reply to email address the sending server must have control over the reply to address to set this. It would be difficult and relatively intrusive for us to request control over a submitters email address upon form submission and this would definitely affect form conversions. 

If you have the HubSpot workflows tool, you could setup a custom notification email using this guide: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-send-internal-notification-emails

You could then use a personalisation token in here for the contacts email within a "mailto:" link. Which could easily be clicked to open a new email to go to the contact. 

For example you could set "click here to reply" as a link, which would link to "mailto:{{contact.email}}" which when clicked would populate an email to the contact who submit the form. 

I hope this helps! 

coadycameron

@Tom couldn't you just set the reply-to property in the header of the notification email to whatever email the user input in the form? That is not intrusive?

Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

It's definitely something we can investigate within the future. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to update this idea if we have any product updates on this. 

edutechno
Participant

I really think Hubspot should configured the "Reply-To" header with the user email. This way, the sender will still be "noreply@hubspot.com", but at least, we will be able to reply directly to the customer.

I almost always want to reply to people directly from the "New submission on HubSpot Form" email received. But everytime, I'm just writing back to "noreply@hubspot.com".

timike
Participant

I'm with edutechno. It makes for a very non-streamlined approach to have to create a contact by hand every time a form entry comes through. Please make this happen, HubSpot.

CM_TX
Participant

I'm also requesting that HubSpot  implement the "reply-to" update per this thread.

I recently updated the client submission form on our website from Contact Form 7 (which had the reply functionality being requested on this thread) to HubSpot (which doesn't).  We love the look of the HubSpot form!  But the process of replying directly to a client even with the G Suite HubSpot plugin installed, is tedious and involves too much copy and paste.  

Please consider configuring the "reply-to" header with the user email. 

lgil
HubSpot Employee

Hi Everyone!

@CM_TX I would like to leave a similar idea in this comment. Please go ahead and upvote this idea and comment on any additional features you would like to add to it! The more upvotes the idea post has, the better the likelihood of it getting implemented 🙂

616mg

I Agree! I am looking for this too for multiple clients we onboarded with HubSpot.

I'm seeing the ability to customize the 'reply-to' available on most contact form software but after contacting HubSpot support thinking I was missing where to access this configuration, I was told it does not exist (on the marketing side yes but not HubSpot forms).

Originally, I was using Contact Form 7 and WP Forms in WordPress for website contact forms where we have the ability to customize the reply-to in the email header as well as many other options.

I really like the ability to embed HubSpot forms into our websites to create custom contact fieds / properties in the CRM and match them easily. But the lack of customizing a simple 'reply-to' is dissapointing.

When receiving a contact form submission with HubSpot Forms, I'm encouraging my clients to click the email link from the sender within the HubSpot Form notification email. However, my clients are busy and just need things to be simple. They are used to simply hitting 'Reply' on a lead form submission.

Any help with this is much appreciated! Thank you!

Stephen Geldersma

616 Marketing Group
https://www.616mg.com

JesseMcCabe

Adding another request to add this feature... Webflow does it, and it's really convenient.  Especially if you're trying to respond to a request for more information or support and you'd like to have the body of the form request in your response.