HubSpot Ideas

commonevolution

Form submission creates Conversation

There is currently no connection between form collection and Conversation Inbox. Massive design oversight on their part.

I have multiple websites with embedded contact forms as entry points into my sales and marketing teams. Now my form submissions are simply emailed and are associated with the generic HubSpot email, requiring a couple steps to properly associate with the contact. This is really lame and an easy fix.

How it should work

1) Form submission creates contact (working)

2) Form submission shows up in Conversation Inbox as a new thread and associated with the contact that HubSpot just created.

3) Nice formating of form responses to create a clean customer-facing image.

To hack this process I forward the form reponse to my Inbox email. It shows up as an ugly HS form response email which is then in the reply I send to the customer. There is no way to customize subject and format to not show internal/hidden form data. 

Since there is no auto association, it isn't possible to do any filtering in conversations without doing all the manual steps listed above.

27 Commentaires
mrcruz
HubSpot Employee

Tagging on here, while we can now connect support forms:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/connect-a-form-to-the-conversations-inbox
I think that it would be cool to see other forms as well be connected. I spoke with a customer today who would like to see demo request forms/sales inquiry type forms to also appear as an option here

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
cambria
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi everyone, my name is Cambria - I'm a Product Manager on the Conversations team. Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions over the past several months!

I'm excited to announce that we now support contact forms as a native channel in the Inbox in beta and we look forward to rolling it out to you all!

If you want to sign up for the beta, please fill out this form and we'll give you access as soon as we can. 

Svenvanophem
Participant | Partenaire solutions Gold

Hi Cambria,

I really would like ot sign up for the beta feature. However. the url is not working in your post 🙂

cambria
commonevolution
Participant

@cambria I signed up for beta... how will I know when it's available in my account?

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
cambria

Excited to announce that this is now live to all! Thanks again for all your input in helping us shape this feature. 

Alpha_Bravo
Membre

This idea is marked as delivered but I don't see any way to send my Contact Us Form submissions to an existing HubSpot Inbox. Currently, only Users and Teams can be notified via the configuration in the Form itself. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?