HubSpot Ideas

landers_210

Form Follow-Up Emails

Why can't we send HTML emails as part of HubSpot's new form follow-up email tool? The plain text emails don't allow us to add CTAs, images, and other essential email elements.

Until this is resolved, we will have to workflows to send our HTML autoresponder emails.formbeta.PNG

48 Replies
Liam_Holmes_one

Yes without tokens, how do you put the contact name in the follow-up email from the form.

Skeaper
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agreed!

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

Liam_Holmes_one

Hi Joe,

Can you advise if

1.) Is it just the HTML related functionality that is not planned.  

Or:

Can a follow-up email be sent after a form is completed if it is on an external website like WordPress?

This thread below seems to suggest it does not send emails from the form - even though a sequence does exist. (Does it only work with pages created within HubSpot (send confirmation emails- and a follow-up sequence). 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Followup-email-for-forms-submitted-on-external-s...

We have starter edition for marketing and sales. We are having an issue with Cloudflare email verification that might be causing the issue, but that blog post appears to suggest that an email cant be sent from HubSpot Forms- unless the form is hosted on HubSpot. 

Best Regards
Liam

DouglasW
Contributor

Agree! The only reason this isn't going to happen is because they want you to upgrade and get Workflows.

gopalm

Correct! I need to do this for customer support tickets, the reply email should a) contain the ticket /form info and b) look professional (hello!)   Cannot accomplish this as is...very difficult. 

josipmarkus
Contributor

I just bought the HubSpot Starter Bundle and am surprised and deeply disappointed that something as basic as HTML formatting for automatically generated emails is not possible, nor is the formatting of other automatically generated emails like reminders for meetings people schedule with me through my HubSpot calendar link. Brand integrity is important and this gives me no options for making sure that what HubSpot sends out aligns with my brand image. We as HubSpot's clients pride ourselves in the professionalism of the content that we send out to our prospects and customers, just HubSpot does. 

Echoing the sentiment of others on this thread, the ability to ensure brand integrity and professional-looking content and communication are must-have, critical requirements, not nice to have features that can be neglected. Ensuring this is not something that should require gathering enough votes in order to make it so, but rather should be a foundational part of HubSpots mission.

Lastly, I'm seeking help with a specific issue that brought me to this thread. The automatically generated footer for form follow-up emails provides no option to format the layout of my business address. It stacks my address in a way that is unusual and looks unprofessional, and thus makes the must-have function of a follow-up email unusable because it too greatly detracts from my company image. 

Specifically, HubSpot formats follow-up email footers as follows, which may be fine for sending physical mail, but not for an email.  Can we please provide options for changing this formatting? 

Company Name

Street Address

City

State

Zip Code

Country

Thank you,

Josip

hkpo

YES!!!! please add an "add code" option!

csymphony
Participant

This is a key functionality for any email automation sequence and would be very valuable. For example, a webinar registration would trigger an HTML formatted email with elements such as Add to Calendar, imagery, branding, etc. 

pundir

This is basic, this is needed.

@JoeMayall Please take back the community's feedback to the Forms team.

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team

jnormand
Participant

This seems like a no-brainer. Either add more necessary features to the built-in form follow up tool, or at the very least let you select a pre-made template email. There's no reason for it to be so sparse and stripped down.

TVagnuolo

Would love to be able to set a shorter time schedual for Auto Follow up emails to form submissions possibly on an hourly basis. Example:

New client fills out the form on our website.

First email goes out emidiatly.

Second email goes out 2 or 3 hours later offering more services or upsells.

Right now shortest time is 1 day after enitial email.

Thanks 

josipmarkus
Contributor

Hi @SabariRam . Can you please provide an update on what progress has been made since you updated the status to "Being Review", and what else we as customers can do to help get these critical product gaps remedied as soon as possible? I appreciate you and your help.

Josip

TTW
Participant

Agreed.

I am not too sure why we can't just use the emails we have already created in the dedicated email section. Seems odd, to strip down functionality.

Also, since it is already possible by editing the form's settings on HubSpot Landing pages, why not include it in the actual form settings?

Hopefully, someone at HubSpot will figure this out.

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our desginers/engineers are actively working on this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Sr.PM - Feedback Product

reycepeda
Participant

Look forward to this 

tomates

Any update on this?

Agos

Agreed, this topic was brought up in Jul 23, 2019 1:18 PM. It's so simple to fix, and it's these type of barriers that annoy users/customers, not get them to upgrade. Personally, I start to look elsewhere, for competitors that offer small businesses opportunities for growth without trip wires. I admit, the starter package is very reasonably priced...but I mean, this type of detail, just makes us look unprofessional to customers.