HubSpot Ideas

kcgarvin

Forecast Date Range- Custom for Fiscal Year

Would be helpful to be able to filter the date ranges on the forecast feature in a custom range. For instance, we run on a fiscal year July1- June 30. And now, as it stands we can not forecast on this date range. 

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
October 25, 2022 08:55 AM

Hey HubSpot Community, 

Thank you for the feedback. 

The team is running a beta that allows you to manage goals and forecast based on your fiscal year. If you'd like to participate in the beta, please fill out this form.

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

Being Reviewed
June 02, 2021 07:09 AM

Hi all, 

The product team is looking at this now and hope to have it available soon.

Best,

Lars

64 Replies
Stanly

Please add this feature.

CHaupt
Participant

I have now read through all your comments and just to summarize it again, if I have understood the problem correctly:

- you can set a special fiscal year (shifted to the calendar year) in the account settings, e.g. April-March
- but: in the Forecast-Tool you can only check the calendar year -- in the Goal Settings as well as in the Status Quo Check of your deals?

Can anyone confirm this for me again?

This is a huge fail!

DougdeU
Yes, that is correct and remains an open issue.
MEffenberger
Participant

We have been using Hubspot successfully now for over a year and have introduced our targets through the forecasting feature. As mentioned by other members we too run on an alternate fiscal year Nov-Oct. It would be great to setup our forecasting based on a customised year so we can have our targets run in line with the forecast and reports.

PBeardwell

To be able to select "Fiscal Year" as a drop down option in Sales Forecast is a requirement that would be really helpful.  Forecasting is a major tool in the sales environment and adding the custom date range every time we need to report is not acceptable and could stop us using Hubspot for forecasting purposes.

EFG

Sales analysis tools are also important tools in my department. However, our fiscal year runs from April through March, which our analytical tool does not currently cover and therefore is not being used properly. This is causing us great inconvenience and we desperately need a solution.

DougdeU

Hey HubSpot - anyone there monitoring this forum?  Complete crickets from you on when, or if ever this will be resolved....

Now is the time. 

Thank you,

Doug

NBegy

This seems to have been promised for a while and makes a great functionality nearly useless for us. Can we have an update, as I see several comments going back a year saying "coming soon"?

NNorton

Absolutely needed. Our Year is April - March, so ebing able to adjust this would be a massive help.

DougdeU
Dumping Hubspot for SFDC. Total fail on Hubspot.
tlam
Participant

This is absolutely critical for forecasting. it would be good to also forecast by year verses Quarter (on fiscal timelines). Right now it's definitely a pain to have to set filters in all the time for a date range and even then you still can't forecast based on a quarter properly. 

PDurkin

This is soooooo basic surely - how does hubpot not have it??? please enough is enough!!!

SBower0

Definitely a feature that is required.

Our sales teams targets are aligned with our business goals which are over the financial year, not calendar year?

lfontana
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this for a customer! 

DNichols
Participant

ಠ_ಠ

JCaliguri

To me, if Hubspot allows me to define my company's fiscal year in a specific way in the core product, the fact that this isn't possible in forecasting and goals is a bug.  

SStanley1

Any update on this feature? The last response from the product team was a year ago saying it was being reviewed and would be "available soon".

MEffenberger
Participant

Hi,

I am in the process of setting my teams targets for the next financial year. I t would be great to use fiscal year instead of calendar year for goal setting and forecasting. Also reporting revenue for fiscal year as well us the new compare feature is pretty important to be able to do with fiscal year. A lot of companies work off their own financial year or fiscal year and not having hubspot work alongside this really restricts the capability of some of the features we are paying for!

I think this is an URGENT fix and should be easy?

SCooper7

Major open issue. We can't forecast in the CRM until this is fixed.

SBower0

Do we have an ETA for this fix ???...