HubSpot Ideas

HBulder

Follow up email being replaced by automation (simple workflows)

Adding simple workflows under forms is a great addition. However, removing the ability to select a specific follow-up email inside the form module on a landing page is a huge miss. Because of this, it is not possible to use the same form on multiple landing pages that each has a different follow-up email containing a different content offer.

This means that, from now on, you have to create a separate form and a separate workflow for each content offer. This creates an enormous amount of workflows and forms within the account, which results in making the workflows cluttered. In addition, it makes changing a form very time-consuming. After all, if you want to send out a new question you have to adjust tens or maybe even hundreds of forms.

It would awesome if we could keep the follow-up email functionality after the automation beta goes live. This would help a lot.

6 Replies
khalpin
Member | Platinum Partner

Very much in favor of this suggestion as well - I have a client with weekly events that require unique landing pages and forms already, each time we have a new event we need to build a workflow and email to go with it. They already have 200 workflows, and with hundreds of events each year this number is quickly going to fly off the charts. 

AndreaM02
Participant

I completely agree.  This is a huge huge miss!  For companies that adopt a universal form strategy, you just halted operations by making this change.   You are forcing companies to build workflows everytime we have a follow-up email  to send and, on top of that, you limit the number of active workflows we can have!  We dont just use workflows to send emails - we have workflows that are driving leads to Salesforce, data standardization workflows, etc.   We will quickly max this out.     Getting back to the emails, we use the same form on pages for data consistency and data standardization.  We aren't asking different questions on each page we publish and not every follow-up email will be revelant for the page we are creating.  This isn't a one size fits all.   I can't just apply the same follow-up email for one (1) form.   Doing his assumes we have One (1) form for One (1) page for One (1) workflow.   That is not sustainable or scalable.    As an enterprise company and client, we relied on these types of features and functionality to bring to life our processes.  It made it simple to execute, but now you have added a layer of complexity to achieve the same result.    Please fix this asap.  This is going to spell disaster quickly!

Adchieve

I totally agree with @AndreaM02 . Couldnt have said it better. Removing this crucial functionality is a huge miss and I just cannot understand why HubSpot would do this.

Gumbie315

Extremely agree with this. It was such a HUGE backstep for my company as we can't partition workflows so I have to manually create a new workflow for every user when they make a new page. The "automated reply" email types can still be made but can't be used in standard workflows which is now requiring people to remake their emails as well. Double thumbs down~

IMcDonald
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there 👋 I'm Ian the Forms Product Manager. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm happy to share that we're investing time in restoring the ability to set page specific follow up emails pages. 

Ian 

Adchieve

Hi Ian,

Great news. Do you have a time frame for this?