HubSpot Ideas

RomyFuchs1

Follow-Up email without subscription typ

Because of GDPR all emails within HubSpot need a special subscription typ. Right now also the follow-up emails. This leads to the following problem, when the checkbox "send marketing emails only to contacts with a legal basis for contacting" is activated:

If your contact doesn't click on the checkbox for the consent to communication the follow-up email wouldn't be send. 

However, according to the GDPR, the follow-up email does not need this subscription, because by sending the form, the contact requests exactly this content and must receive it. This is not possible with the current settings.

The only workaround is a complicated workflow that sends ONLY this content and no other material. This would make the function of a follow-up email obsolete.

It would therefore be really useful for any marketer in the EU to be able to switch off the allocation of a subscription in a follow-up email.

2 Replies
EstB
Participant

Yes - I haven't found a good way round this either. If anyone has any good solutions it'd be great to hear them.

But, also Hubspot please put this functionality in place! We have lots of forms to request specific reports etc but no good way of emailing the contact with that content!

ABolijn

I have the same issue. We want to invite customers of us for our yearly bbq. Halve of them are NOT set as marketing contact and they don't have to be, but now I can't send the bbq-invite.... 

We used to do this with Active Campaign, which wasn't that 'complicated' with GDPR as Hubspot is using it. I just want to send a standard invitation to our base, if they are set to opt-in or not...