HubSpot Ideas

vanae

Folders within Lists to be default view

The way that folders are used within workflows, should be replicated within Lists. At the moment the first view that you get is all of your lists together rather than the folders, makes organising the lists a nightmare as you are not sure which ones have been organised and filed and which ones haven't. Would be good to have folders as the default view that way you create lists within your folders. If there is a way to do this please let me know. 

2 Replies
CraigA
Participant

More details:

In Lists:  Folder View, it is not possible to see all Lists.  You can only see Lists that have been "moved" to a folder.  Lists that have not been moved to a folder cannot be seen.  Lists that are created cannot be seen.  They only show up in All Lists which like All Mail in Gmail, has any list ever created.  This makes it very difficult to find the new list as one must sort through all the lists ever created to find the new one.  There should be a root folder in Folder View that contains all the lists not yet moved to a folder.

I'm not yet familiar with Folder View in workflows, but a search of Folder View shows that other portions of HubSpot use Folder View (e.g. Email) so this may be a more widespread problem that needs fixing.  I will submit this as new idea, as the title of this one doesn't quite match what I feel is a problem.

mbarry_cpi

Completely agree with this.  Hubspot has a very messy organization structure for emails, landing pages, (and workflows), by starting with "Lists".  "Workflows" doesn't even have a "Folders" option.

Making "Folders" the default would demonstrate to users that their is a folder structure in place in which to store files (landing pages, emails, workflows).  Currently, this gets very messy when users across different parts of the organization cluster everything together in one big pool.