HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

Folders to organize Workflows

Similar to the new folders to organize contact list, the same organization for workflows is needed. Many of my workflows automate specific campaigns or simple administrative tasks. Many of them are related or unrelated in someway. I would love a way to better organize each workflow into a folder structure.

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/5739715-folders-to-organize-...

HubSpot Updates
October 01, 2019 04:12 AM

Hi @Lauren_Lokker - Thanks for the feedback! Folders within folders for workflows has been added as a new thread here, please upvote there so we can assess customer support for this particular request: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Folders-Within-Folders/idi-p/289607

@Msyvrais & @KeyWestScott Thanks for your feedback as well! I'd recommend adding your vote and comments to this post that raises a similar request: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Now-that-you-have-created-folders-in-Workflows-etc/idi-p/290090

August 22, 2019 12:22 PM

@Anonymous Sorry about that! We just found and fixed this. It should work as expected now.

@auto_mate Thanks for the feedback! We're actively looking into the sorting rules used to determine order and will have a fix out soon.

August 22, 2019 12:21 PM

Thank you for reporting @Anonymous, the team is working on a fix! If you encounter something like this in the future, I would recommend opening a support ticket so it can be sure to get to the team's attention as soon as possible! I will update here again once this is fixed Smiley Happy

Delivered
August 22, 2019 04:26 AM

You can now organize your workflows into folders on the workflows listing page. Navigate to the workflows tool and you’ll see an updated design for the Workflows listing page. There's a new option to “Create folder” in the top right. Once you create the folder, you can bulk select workflows and move them into the folder.

Note: You can only create one level of folders, and cannot nest them. Deleting a folder also deletes all the workflows inside of it, which is made clear in the prompt.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/organize-your-workflows-with-folders-beta

In Beta
August 07, 2019 12:13 PM

Hi everyone, I'm excited to say that the day has finally come, and we have put workflow folders in beta! If you'd like to participate in the beta, please fill out this form and we will get you added: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScUOtdaQm15PyQa0v462yBtWp_lu4XUW7J2YKxqoRNHl_GWjA/viewform?usp=sf_link. 

Re: Folders to organize Workflows - changed to: In Planning
November 16, 2018 01:57 PM

Thank you everybody for your patience and for providing feedback on this. We know this is a huge pain point today in Workflows and definitely want to solve it, but we want to solve it the right way. This is something we hope to tackle in 2019, and we'll keep you updated here. 

109 Replies
kcooper
Top Contributor

I would vote for it but am unfortunately out of votes at the moment...

This is a feature we too would find really helpful!

Enchev
Participant

Hello.

I'm using the HubSpot Marketing tool for over a year now and have the screaming need to organise everything created so far.

We can put SmartLists in to folders and emails in to categories, but...
This would be extremely useful for Forms and Workflows as well (and every other option that doesn't have it.)

Currently we use Forms to collect information and we have different types / categories of forms. Some are for subscription purposes and some are sales oriented. Our current solution is to put specific acronyms in the Form name but this is far from a satisfying solution. Same goes with Workflows.

Please consider this as it's super important (I really can't stress enough the importancy of this for our business).

(Apologies if a similar thread has already been posted, but I couldn't find one)

Regards,
Ivaylo

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

@Enchev, this is something we are considering as part of language categorisation of Forms. Can you share some more use cases or how you would implement folderification of forms!

Enchev
Participant

@vishnu, sure.

Example - we have forms that qualify our leads for a "Marketing" stage. We call them "Marketing Qualifying Forms". We used to have bunch of those, now our work is better organised and we need 3 to 4 maximum. 
However, we have forms that indicate people are Sales Ready and we send the contacts to SalesForce. Those are "Sales Qualifying Forms". 

Also, we have forms specifically for campaigns and these forms will be used for few months only.

Also we have another brand to support on the same HubSpot instance and this brand needs to have also Marketing, Sales and Campaign forms. It is not easy for us to just separate them by naming them "Brand A - Marketing Form 1" or "Brand B - Sales Form 2". 

Being able to create few folders will do a lot in this.
I wish to be able to create 2 major folders called "Brand A" and "Brand B" and then sub folders "Marketing, Sales, Campaigns, Other

As for Workflows - the same. We have flows that:

1. Assin properties;
  2. Send contacts to campaigns under certain conditions and criteria;
  3. Send emails after specific campaigns and download requests; 
    and etc. etc. etc.

I hope this clarification helps.

Cheers,
Ivaylo

michellel
Participant

Yes please. When you have quite a few workflows it is annoying and time-consuming not to be able to group them except by user or naming convention

mburnthall
RebeccaTroelstr
Participant

Yes to this. I have an eternally long list of workflows that all apply to different aspects of my business. I'd love to be able to group them. 

Christian
Participant
Completely agree - we have 152 workflows.. quite chaotic! 🙂
dannyAppBuddy

Everytime I click on Workflows and still don't see an option for folders...

download.jpg

jspratt
Participant

This is MUCH needed!

Nikki_ROBIN
Contributor

Yes, definitely need this! 

jasonsongtrust
Participant

Very much in favor of folders for workflows

Benlosier

I would suggest adding a feature where you can add workflows in folders. So that way you can have you products folder, nuture, hot leads, etc. It would be a huge help.

Thanks,

-Ben

Howard_Bradley

This is vital I believe else my HubSpot will become a total mess very very quickly!

CloDoy

With so many workflows made it's impossible to keep track of them all!

We really need to have the ability to organize them into folders!

shearn
Key Advisor

If you haven't already, head to the Ideas forum and upvote this post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Folders-to-organize-Workflows/idi-p/11319  You're not alone in wanting this!

nstone
Participant

This is really needed. It starts getting difficult to find what you are looking for!

andsnleo

YES, PLEASE. This needs to be a priority.

nehavyas

Would like this idea implemented!