HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

Folders to organize Workflows

Similar to the new folders to organize contact list, the same organization for workflows is needed. Many of my workflows automate specific campaigns or simple administrative tasks. Many of them are related or unrelated in someway. I would love a way to better organize each workflow into a folder structure.

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/5739715-folders-to-organize-...

109 Replies
FDXmktg
Participant

Totally agree with the need for folders to organize workflows. We have created over 100 workflows in a little over 4 months. It would improve our processes significantly to have this feature!  

thisisdatis
Contributor

385 upvotes and people have been asking about this "officially" in this forum since 2017. People have also been asking for this feature long before this forum (I've actually been asking for it since 2013). I see that you've updated the forms object to allow folders... why not make this an option for all objects? 

Is there a timeline on when we can expect this?

bsccooley

Yessssss Pleasssssssssssssssssse

BenKarklins
Participant

100% upvote. Get it together HS Smiley LOL

reTyre
Participant

So many upvotes and comments and still not provided, wow! 

I would also like to know if there is a timeline on when we can expect this feature?

grahamfcr
Participant

Yes.

Please add folders.

With HubSpot's current workflow build functionality and the need to create multiple workflows that align to a common goal it is very hard to keep track of all the moving parts without folders.

SRKelly
Participant

As we grow our workflows for specific products/clients it will become very difficult to manage these without folders. Agree that we need a foldering system for workflows.

Steven242

Hey,

Coming to this in 2019.

We have 333 workflows which are getting hard to manage/keep on top of without folders.

Would be great for us to set up our own categories eg new customer flows, prospect flows, industry specific flows.

Any updates on this?

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

And PLEASE, when this is implemented.

When a workflow is moved to a folder, REMOVE it from the default view.  Just like in Windows explorer, you don't see every file that is on your computer, when looking at the root level.  The individual workflows belong in the folder only.  

Why this is not done throughout Hubspot is beyond me.

Scott

t-dub

This would be amazing! For a small company we have a lot of workflows and it'd be great to section them off into Lead Routing, Auto-Responders, Nurture Drips, etc.

Please HubSpot - let us have Folders in Workflows!! 🙂

CarstenBrinck

YES ! Has Hubspot acknowledge this need and is there a plan to create the functionality? 

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, I'm excited to say that the day has finally come, and we have put workflow folders in beta! If you'd like to participate in the beta, please fill out this form and we will get you added: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScUOtdaQm15PyQa0v462yBtWp_lu4XUW7J2YKxqoRNHl_GWjA/viewform?...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bellawu thank you! 

p.s. realized in signing up for this beta that I officially have our hubspot id memorized....TBD if that's a good thing! Excited to see this functionality in place.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

@bellawu Count me in......  Smiley Very Happy

BenKarklins
Participant

YES! I'm totally in! Also, I just got waaaaay too excited about this... Smiley Very Happy

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

@bellawu Whoo.......  Working great.  One comment and this really goes along with how all of HS is formatted.

Sorting By Name.  Just as in other platforms, sorted by Type (folders {alphabetically} at the top then workflows{Active vs Inactive}, in this case) alphabetically.

Glad to see that the moved workflows no longer show in the full list, but are only in the folders!!

Scott

Annotation 2019-08-08 113736.png

auto_mate
Contributor

... where is the multi-select "delete" option?

... there's "move to folder" but no "delete"... 😞

auto_mate
Contributor

And underscore comes before "a" in all other lists in the universe 😉

_

a

c

😉

Please

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

You can now organize your workflows into folders on the workflows listing page. Navigate to the workflows tool and you’ll see an updated design for the Workflows listing page. There's a new option to “Create folder” in the top right. Once you create the folder, you can bulk select workflows and move them into the folder.

Note: You can only create one level of folders, and cannot nest them. Deleting a folder also deletes all the workflows inside of it, which is made clear in the prompt.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/organize-your-workflows-with-folders-be...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeganLegge  When you select 1 or more worklows and click move to folder - and then instead of choosing one from the list, you type a new name to create a new folder, it will create the folder, but not move the items.