HubSpot Ideas

GlennMillerLupo

Folders in folder (subfolder) in Sales Documents

Just like most cloud folder and file storage systems,  sales people OFTEN have the same need for the HubSpot sales document tool and maybe under utliise the tool for this reason, since its really a limiting feature and factor limiting user uptake of what is quie a great tool. Sales Documents.

Example: Sales people and team and actually other departments too, who want tracking on document view or read status, need to store vast product calatogues and sometimes may have many versions of each for may reasons, to store on a Product, then sub-product and sometimes another sub-product level.

11 Replies
andrewcwc

can't agree more. To only have 1 level of folders is quite difficult to work with. For example if I want a parent folder called 'Data Sheets' and then under this folder have separate folders for product groups, e.g. 'Gp 1', 'Gp 2', etc, this currently can't be achieved in Sales\Documents. 

MHennessey

Totally agree! Documents is one of the best ways to enable sales to provide value in their outreach. Having subfolders would allow marketing/sales enablement to organize their files in a way sales can navigate resources to send efficiently. For example, searching for documents by industry, by products, by resource type (ebook, case studies, video, etc). Why be able to do this with files, but not documents??? Alternatively, sales teams can sort their documents to send their clients by territory and have relevant documents applicable to their markets. 

lxfoley

This is definitely a must need piece of basic functionality!

GBSelect

Yes!  A multi-level folder capability for the Sales Documents is a critical improvement.

APetruszka

Absolutely agree.  Why does the Marketing Hub - Files tool allow nested folders and the Sales Hub - Documents tool does not?  The HubSpot product team seems to implement functionality that is "good enough" but not all of what customers need...

This functionality should be a common-sense requirement for anyone who has worked in a professional sales or marketing role.

IvanFH

So frustrating, can't believe they miss out on such simple functionality aspects. 

TGilbertson3

@hubspot Can you please make this happen? Certainly your developers should be able to add this in given that the ability exists in the files module. 

MHorist
Participant

Why wouldn't this a natural thing.  These are the little things that tell me, this is not the right tool for our team.  

WCoe
Participant

I agree! I can organize the files into folders within Sales Documents but once I or my sales team needs to access a specific document they are no longer organized in their respective folders. This is very time consuming to my sales team and now all archived files will need to be renamed, "archived". This appears to be an issue dating back to Oct. 2022 **bleep**? 

JohnInDallas
Contributor

I don't understand how this isn't already a thing and why it'd take so long to incorporate? Guess we're stuck with folders only at the root level. For now! 

NIvan

This should be a not brainer. This already exists in the marketing section under files. Please make sure this is implemented.