HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

Marketing Emails / Lists / Workflows / Sales Tools - Folders

For all content options that allow you to organize with folders, it would be extremely helpful to be able to create folders within folders for better organization leading to less duplicates and efficiency when looking for content already created my a teammate. 

September 2021 HubSpot Update Hi everyone! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this idea over the past few years. We're glad you're excited about getting folders in different areas of HubSpot's product and we're working on making that a reality. As the original idea mentions a few different product areas managed by different product teams, we're breaking this idea into different ideas to ensure we can provide helpful updates as they're available.

Going forward, please use the following ideas for upvotes and comments around different folder requests.

Marketing Emails

Lists

Workflows

Sales Tools

Please note that while these new ideas have fewer upvotes, we are tracking their association to this idea and counting these upvotes towards the new requests. To ensure we filter new upvotes to the correct areas going forward, we have disabled comments on this idea.

Thank you again for using the ideas forum and for your enthusiasm for these products!

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
June 12, 2023 09:46 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jess, a Product Manager in the Automations group. We are currently rolling out folders within folders AND custom views for Workflows! All Workflows customers should see the new features available in their portals by 6/15!  Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or feedback. 

Thank you!

Jess
jhartnagle@hubspot.com

May 14, 2021 09:36 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you for submitting and interacting with this idea. My name is Andres Bustos and I'm the Product Manager for Lists at HubSpot.

While this feature may not be available across the entire HubSpot platform, this is available now within our Lists tool. If there are other specific places where you see this not implemented, but think of it as critical, please let us know by replying to this comment.

Thank you for submitting, upvoting, and commenting on this idea!

Andres

September 16, 2020 12:02 PM

Hi Community,

We are continuing to follow this thread and the increases in requests in recent weeks. At this time there are no immediate plans to develop this Idea, but that is not to say that this idea will not be developed. The ability to add folders within folder, while seemingly a quick fix, will require some broader changes to how our sales content library is built. We will be considering multiple potential changes to organization and layout in sales content library before we update this issue to "Being Reviewed". 

Re: Folders Within Folders - changed to: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 02:14 PM

Hi Community

Per my previous comment, we are hopig to review and plan this issue in the near future, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have plans in place.

Best,

Glen

April 06, 2020 10:44 AM

Hi Community! 

I'd like to provide an update on this idea, as it has not gone unnoticed!

We have recently been focused on developing other features in sequences related mostly to new functions when building and enrolling contacts into sequences. However, we are planning this year to shift a focus to the management and administration of sequences, enrollments, and user permissions. We plan to make this shift some time in Q3 of this year.

Adding folders within folders is a logical next step for the organization of a large team's sales content. Furthermore, it is something that you can already do within Marketing Hub content. As we begin to review "Folders Within Folders" specifically, I will update this idea post with our progress. Thank you all for your feedback!

Best,

Glen

167 Replies
ifly

Adding subcategories to the sales templates tool would be helpful. Our business has multiple locations with different pricing/taxes. May help companies stay consistent with collateral that operate in multiple cities/states/countries.

jcallahan

I have about 60-70 templates in a folder called "Callahan Templates" and it takes a while for me to find the one that I want. I think it would be a huge help in organizing and would increase our efficiency if we were able to create subfolders in templates. For example, in the "Callahan Templates" folder, I could have "Follow-ups", "Event Templates", etc.

hubspotuser2011
Participant

The Marketing File Manager has a great way of organizing through sub folders. The Sales CRM does not have this feature. It would be a great asset to sales teams if they could have sub-folders within folders for organizing. 

Currently it is very difficult to navigate to documents when there are hundreds of seperate folders. It would clean up the area aesthetically, too. 

Please allow the Sales CRM this feature! 

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Totally agree. Folders would significantly improve the organization in Documents. 

willcurran
Top Contributor

Jeez, yes please! My folders are just so gigantic now.

jamesk

I agree, we have been HubSot customers for a month and we have about 20 users. With all of us creating/ modifying templates. It is becoming time consuming to constantly search for our templates. However, the recently used templates in the Gmail extension does help.

Kind regards,

James

@jcallahan wrote:

I have about 60-70 templates in a folder called "Callahan Templates" and it takes a while for me to find the one that I want. I think it would be a huge help in organizing and would increase our efficiency if we were able to create subfolders in templates. For example, in the "Callahan Templates" folder, I could have "Follow-ups", "Event Templates", etc.

jasonsongtrust
Participant

yes, could be great for organizing documents.

Maka
Participant

Yes, same here. I already talked to one of the Hubspot guys about this, and he said that it's on the road map. But it would be great to have this asap, I'm also struggling fwith around 60 templates in different languages.

willcurran
Top Contributor

Also the ability to view them in a list view with columns would be helpful. For example, filtering out by user who uploaded or last time someone opened the document, similar to the analytics but the ability to get to the doc, edit it, organize it, delete it, etc.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @ifly, I've moved your feature request to this thread to combine votes and comments. 

RobinVoter

Agree! Clients are asking for this.

jfindley99

This would help organization tremendously. 

lorienmax

I do hope this is on the roadmap. I have been requesting this since templates were released I think it has been well over a year. 

lellis
Participant

It sucks that I can blow stuff away (delete) in bulk but no way to organize content by moving templates and sequences in bulk.  The ONLY way to organize templates and sequences is to move them one at a time.  Not a time saver but a time suck, so we stay disorganized and ineffective with messaging because we can't manage what we have, because Hubspot does not give us to the utility to do so.  

Maka
Participant

@roisinkirby Is there any update on this? Thanks!

RandyCarson

We need subfolders for sequences. This is basic directory structure stuff...not rocket science. Please enable us to organize our sequences more neatly SOON. Thanks.

Justinmiller

Upvote!

taylorfriss
Top Contributor

Email Template Subfolders

sgchili
Participant

Needed!

nbar0n

Good morning,

Having subfolders in template is a must have when communicating with clients. There are so many situations to handle when communicating to clients and we loose a lot of time by looking for the correct template. We came to hubspot because it brings us productivity.

Can you give us more insights on when will the feature be available?

Thank you!

Nicolas