HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

Marketing Emails / Lists / Workflows / Sales Tools - Folders

For all content options that allow you to organize with folders, it would be extremely helpful to be able to create folders within folders for better organization leading to less duplicates and efficiency when looking for content already created my a teammate. 

September 2021 HubSpot Update Hi everyone! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this idea over the past few years. We're glad you're excited about getting folders in different areas of HubSpot's product and we're working on making that a reality. As the original idea mentions a few different product areas managed by different product teams, we're breaking this idea into different ideas to ensure we can provide helpful updates as they're available.

Going forward, please use the following ideas for upvotes and comments around different folder requests.

Marketing Emails

Lists

Workflows

Sales Tools

Please note that while these new ideas have fewer upvotes, we are tracking their association to this idea and counting these upvotes towards the new requests. To ensure we filter new upvotes to the correct areas going forward, we have disabled comments on this idea.

Thank you again for using the ideas forum and for your enthusiasm for these products!

167 Replies
CoachingDiva
Participant

Should we start a new thread?

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

Thank you for submitting and interacting with this idea. My name is Andres Bustos and I'm the Product Manager for Lists at HubSpot.

While this feature may not be available across the entire HubSpot platform, this is available now within our Lists tool. If there are other specific places where you see this not implemented, but think of it as critical, please let us know by replying to this comment.

Thank you for submitting, upvoting, and commenting on this idea!

Andres

DJBailey
Participant

@AndresBustos Documents, Templates, Snippets.

ACallcott
Participant

@AndresBustos Workflow as well

AnnaDelLlano
Participant

Workflows and emails please

lissaflywire
Participant

@AndresBustos - desperately needed in Templates, Sequences & Documents!!!  

mrusso

@AndresBustosDocuments, templates, workflows, sequences, snippets

Sdiddy407
Contributor

Documents, templates, workflows, sequences, snippets

jpenzias

Would be helpful across the platform but particularly for Documents,
Sequences, and Templates.

DinDjarin
Participant

@AndresBustos

Appreciate the team team is hard at work developing the platform, but this is a no brainer if you have ever been a client of HS. 

Folders within folders are needed in documents, templates, workflows, sequences, snippets

Lucid
Participant

Would even tale the google approach and go with labels (tags). Way better
solution than nestled folders.

aguth
Participant

Enabling a folder/subfolder structure should be a portal-wide main principle of organizing resources, not something limited to specific places within HubSpot. Otherwise we can't be compliant to company-wide scheme of duties distribution and areas to focus efforts with lead sourcing and content development - that are unique at every organization that uses HubSpot. To name a few that are missing but needed, not even limited to CMS content pieces (see *): documents, templates, workflows*, sequences, snippets, campaigns, playbooks, reports*.

AMiller7
Participant
Agreed! Thanks!
hellowinter
Participant

@AndresBustos

Hi, ideally everywhere that we have the capability to have folders, we find it necessary to have subfolders.

For us, what is most critical is templates, the product library, snippets, documents... 

Micha321
Participant

@AndresBustos Agreeing with everyone else – wherever there are folders, this is critical for best-practice organizational structure (though I agree with another comment that often tags are even better – but both is probably best 😉 ). Thanks for your explanation of it not being a simply fix and looking forward to future updates!

JamesNichols90
Participant

@DJBailey Definitely!  Makes me lose all faith that another issue with only 10 upvotes will ever get seen.... even though it is really needed as well

eschneider
Participant

We have as many naming conventions as possible to help with organizing but as our content grows, it is really difficult to manage without subfolders.

NSchjøtt

Almost 2 years Guys!!! 

Come on. 

ChrisAltro

Hi there,

yes this would be extremely helpful, as we have similar workflows close together within the same quarter, and we need to separate them in an easier way, both for analyzing and duplicating them in a smooth way

PhilZ87
Participant

Again (and i see I repeat myself often in this forum) a simple no brainer feature that doesn't exist and where HubSpot doesn't feel the need to act despite over 300 upvotes and 8 pages of comments... 

Can you at least give us a reason why folders within folders aren't possible in workflows, sequences and files or why this is so difficult to implement there but not in the list or email section?

We were sold that HubSpot is a tool that easily can manage different countries. We are operating in 10 different countries which all need their own workflows. How can i not loose track without havin this simple way of organize the workflow section?

And the last question, why should we even upvote ideas in this forum if upvoting doesn't count at all in terms of importance? This is now over 2 years here with big amount of interaction but still it is flagged as being not planned. baffling tbh