HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

Marketing Emails / Lists / Workflows / Sales Tools - Folders

For all content options that allow you to organize with folders, it would be extremely helpful to be able to create folders within folders for better organization leading to less duplicates and efficiency when looking for content already created my a teammate. 

September 2021 HubSpot Update Hi everyone! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this idea over the past few years. We're glad you're excited about getting folders in different areas of HubSpot's product and we're working on making that a reality. As the original idea mentions a few different product areas managed by different product teams, we're breaking this idea into different ideas to ensure we can provide helpful updates as they're available.

Going forward, please use the following ideas for upvotes and comments around different folder requests.

Marketing Emails

Lists

Workflows

Sales Tools

Please note that while these new ideas have fewer upvotes, we are tracking their association to this idea and counting these upvotes towards the new requests. To ensure we filter new upvotes to the correct areas going forward, we have disabled comments on this idea.

Thank you again for using the ideas forum and for your enthusiasm for these products!

167 Replies
glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

We are continuing to follow this thread and the increases in requests in recent weeks. At this time there are no immediate plans to develop this Idea, but that is not to say that this idea will not be developed. The ability to add folders within folder, while seemingly a quick fix, will require some broader changes to how our sales content library is built. We will be considering multiple potential changes to organization and layout in sales content library before we update this issue to "Being Reviewed". 

RebeccaH

Great idea! As you can within the landing pages section but not in workflows

JonathanElkin
Contributor

+1

marykeytours
Participant

+1! Folders within folders seems to be inconsistent across Hubspot. 

YWAMMazatlan

This would greatly help my team, as we currently have multiple people making templates and need a better way to organize them!

hellowinter
Participant

Hi,

Upvote for this feature to be added within the Product Library.

This is needed.

Thanks! 

Isabella

aguth
Participant

Upvoted 🙂

I'd need subfolders within Workflows; to organize the toolsets for same concept(s) and projects consequently.

ArkinHill

This would help tremendously, and without this feature, it is becomeing more and more difficult to use for us as we grow as a company.

hellowinter
Participant

Any updates on this idea? Thanks! 

JenNS1
Contributor

I'd like to see folders within folders too.

We have different communciations within our teams, and the way the templates currently sort from last used means they keep moving around and aren't easy to find. 

Could someone from HubSpot please update this thread? Not sure where this is at in 2021.

Thank you!

Tsell
Participant

Need this in workflows too

SCarlisle
Participant

This is really needed. It needs to be included in the products area as well so that when sales is building the deal they can find the correct products. We have different brands with different items and prices this means I will have an over abundance of mini-folders for each of the brands. 

David739
Participant

Sub folders is a must throughout, when managing multiple brands and teams all with their own workflows, landing pages, pipeline, forms etc its makes it difficult to put folders into a logical format without the ability to have sub-folders.

lmpiatek

Please move this to the top of the priority list.  This would be an extremely helpful feature in order to maximize efficiency in using templates for our sales teams.  

Lucid
Participant

I have been using HubSpot for 2 years now and am fully entrenched in the CRM. The biggest shortfall is document management. My office currently shares sales documents using Google Drive. I have 3500 files and 600 folders. Some of these files and folders can be removed or paired down. However, all the information is relevant to day to day real estate sales.

The Problem.

• There is a limit of 1000 documents. This should be increased. Rational: When we work with strata (condos) there can be 20 documents just of two years of meeting minutes, couple in strata plans, disclosures, and other pertinent documents for our clients, the 1000 mark becomes extremely limited.
  • Folders cannot be nested. So, if I have s complex called "FUN COMPLEX" and I have sub directories for Insurance, 2 years of strata minutes, various disclosures, zoning documents etc. I am forced to flatten out the hierarchy. This means I would have to follow the following naming conventions: FUN COMPLEX - INSURANCE, FUN COMPLEX - STRATA MINUTES, FUN COMPLEX - ZONING, etc., etc., etc....How do the large companies’ mange sales documentation sharing of this nature? Sub Directories help keep documents easily updated. So, I can create a subdir called 2021 STRATA MINUTES. Once 2022 comes, I can delete or archive that DIR (if needed).
  • Currently we are using google drive. However, for speed and tracking purposes, it is far better for us to start using HubSpot since it is becoming central to my operations. Google files stream has its challenges (it is good but not great).  It is for my usage best as a repository for historical information. HubSpot is best suited for on demand sales documents to help drive sales. 

The Solution?

• Allow for subdirectories
  • Increase files storage limits
  • Create a killer search alogrythm to help find documents
  • Allow a search function to only look for a file type and or folder. Currently a search will display everything.
  • Spontaneously materialize a proper dram of Scotch :-]

I can see this is a VERY old thread but I hope it is revisited again. 

Thanks,

Gianpiero

CoachingDiva
Participant

I see that the last time there was an update on this by a staff member was back in September. I'm hoping the suggestion has gained some traction amongst the developers in the last five months. Can you give us the status of where this is in the hierarchy of consideration? Thank you very much.

kstacy
Participant

This would be incredibly helpful to have for workflows. We are extremely limited in the ways we can organize our workflows because of the single level of folders available!

AMiller7
Participant
I use templates for emails a lot. I'd like the ability to organize the templates in folders within folders within folders. Right now, I can only go 2 folders deep and I need to organize my templates more than that. If we could remove the limit on the amount of folders (similar to a PC allows for as many folder deep as you'd like), that'd be great! 
Sdiddy407
Contributor

At the very least I would like to see a way for us to organize corporate documents before user created documents.  If user folders were not viewable across the entire organization the confusion would be much less.

I see the benefit of tracking our reps user docs and seeing how they are creating new docs specifically for gaps in our standard marketing pieces but the entry level rep is lost in everyone elses stuff.

Kierstin
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@Sdiddy407 As a tip, we name our documents folders starting with "GO2 | " (for corporate files, that's the name of our company) and starting with "Personal | rep name" (for individual rep folders). It takes a little training, but has worked well! If they make a mistake, I move their file. 🙂