HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

Marketing Emails / Lists / Workflows / Sales Tools - Folders

For all content options that allow you to organize with folders, it would be extremely helpful to be able to create folders within folders for better organization leading to less duplicates and efficiency when looking for content already created my a teammate. 

September 2021 HubSpot Update Hi everyone! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this idea over the past few years. We're glad you're excited about getting folders in different areas of HubSpot's product and we're working on making that a reality. As the original idea mentions a few different product areas managed by different product teams, we're breaking this idea into different ideas to ensure we can provide helpful updates as they're available.

Going forward, please use the following ideas for upvotes and comments around different folder requests.

Marketing Emails

Lists

Workflows

Sales Tools

Please note that while these new ideas have fewer upvotes, we are tracking their association to this idea and counting these upvotes towards the new requests. To ensure we filter new upvotes to the correct areas going forward, we have disabled comments on this idea.

Thank you again for using the ideas forum and for your enthusiasm for these products!

167 Replies
njohnson
Participant

Upvoted - thanks for the update on Q3 roll-out.  This functionality is critical for us to scale our sales team within Hubspot

shabermehl

I just shared a post on this as well. I am very surprised this isn't a capability of HubSpot. Larger companies with multiple campaigns, multiple sectors, dozens of employees need the extra organization to keep things in line. 

HubSpot should strongly consider adding such a rudimentary ability.

DwiP
HubSpot Employee

We need a sub level folder functionality

Kierstin
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Yes, we definitely need this! Our sales email templates are getting out of control. 🙂 

Davido21
Member | Diamond Partner

We've been using file naming conventions to try to organize our content and templates, but sub-folders would be a huge help. With more than 10 offices and different sales teams that need both customized and office-specific material, trying to store everything we need without losing usability or adding confustion is creating headaches. Sub-folders (and maybe even sub-sub-folders) would be a huge help.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community

Per my previous comment, we are hopig to review and plan this issue in the near future, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have plans in place.

Best,

Glen

TiagoS
Participant | Diamond Partner

Please allow for subfolders in Templates and Sequences. 

H-Rob
Participant

Thank you for letting us know. This is an extremely important feature for your customers who do use templates and other content forour sales teams, so I hope it's considered for next quarter and doesn't just get shelved.

brodycord

PLEASE JUST FIGURE THIS OUT IT CANNOT BE THAT HARD I'VE BEEN WAITING 3 YEARS 

DJBailey
Participant

@glencornell Thank you for posting updates on this topic!  It's heartening to come to a reccomendation thread and at least see that the request is not being ignored outright.  I apprecaite your transparency as well as far as the expected timeframe.  Keep up the good work!

shabermehl

@glencornell  Thank you for the update. While it is disheartening to know that this relatively low hanging fruit, in my opinion, is not on the table for this quarter, I do greatly appreciate the update and acknowledgment. 

giulianac

It would be really great if we could create folders within folders for sales docs as we have two teams right now and the sales docs get messy. 

finn
Top Contributor

+1

telforn2

I agree. It seems a pretty basic function in order to allow for efficient organization of documents. I really hope we see this update soon. We want to use Hubspot to every extent possible and in as many areas of our business as possible - sales, operations, admin, HR etc. Having a robust Documents module would really help this. Otherwise, we are stuck with Dropbox 😞

AaronS
Participant

This would really help me and my team work.  We have different departments that all have content mixed in.  It would be nice to seperate it out so that you can go to the right department and dive deeper.  Im suprised this isnt possible as all computer have allowed this since the beginning.  It is one of the biggiest missing pieces of the software.

hollyyeary

This is essential for the file manager to be useful; we need the ability to drill down further than 1 folder. 

JohanEspinosa

Hola, 
Es extremadamente util poder organizar los documentos en carpetas y subcarpetas, con ello se bajan los tiempos a la hora de buscar documentos. 

Gracias. 

mrusso

This feature needs to be implemented ASAP.  We are pushing for our sales team to use HubSpot for document storage and distribution.  Unfortunately, this lack of basic file management functionality makes it a non-starter.

JoanL
Participant

This feature would be hugely welcome. It seems illogical to be able to organise landing pages and emails into sub folders yet not have this feature for organising forms and workflows. Not being able to mirror the same filing system across different types of assets is unmanageable and confusing. 

Goopher

Making it posssible to create subfolders would really help us (the Marketing people) to have a much more organized and efficient file structure with no duplicates and outdated documents to be shared with our sales reps. After our sales team started to upload documents by themselves, this "Sales>Documents" folder soon became a mess. So we would highly appreciate the option to create subfolders! 🙂