HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

Marketing Emails / Lists / Workflows / Sales Tools - Folders

For all content options that allow you to organize with folders, it would be extremely helpful to be able to create folders within folders for better organization leading to less duplicates and efficiency when looking for content already created my a teammate. 

September 2021 HubSpot Update Hi everyone! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this idea over the past few years. We're glad you're excited about getting folders in different areas of HubSpot's product and we're working on making that a reality. As the original idea mentions a few different product areas managed by different product teams, we're breaking this idea into different ideas to ensure we can provide helpful updates as they're available.

Going forward, please use the following ideas for upvotes and comments around different folder requests.

Marketing Emails

Lists

Workflows

Sales Tools

Please note that while these new ideas have fewer upvotes, we are tracking their association to this idea and counting these upvotes towards the new requests. To ensure we filter new upvotes to the correct areas going forward, we have disabled comments on this idea.

Thank you again for using the ideas forum and for your enthusiasm for these products!

167 Commentaires
tyler_schwerdt
Membre

This is a feature that you can do with lists, yet is not a feature for sequences. It seems to be an extremely easy thing to add yet would make the whole system much more organized and simple to use. Multiple people I know who use hubspot have complained about this lack of funcitonality.  This could also be added to the templates section to make them more organized.  

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! 

drich_
Membre

When inserting a document into a template there is no folder structure (even without searching with keywords). Useful feature would show the folder structure.

Anyone who is uploading documents to templates/ sequences will benefit from this.

Our current situation is that we have updated our company logo and branding, and I have re-uploaded new documentation with updates logos. When I search for specific keywords, I cannot easily tell which is the new document and old. I created a folder in documents call "! New Logo" to keep things organized but this folder structure is not applied to anything in templates or sequences.

Also, the same fix would be useful for searching for templates to add into Sequences, when I filter by "created by me" it shows everything in one without showing if the templates are in folders.

JohnPolish
Participant

"Yes, the ability to have folders, tags and filters was something we assumed when we moved to Hubspot! Really disappointed that Hubspot doesn't have this.To make Sales documents easily searchable for Sales Hubspot MUST incorporate clean filtering, tagging and foldering" 

This ^^^^

ramatoG2
Contributeur

We absolutely NEED this functionality. We have 100+ sales reps using HS, in addition to 50+ marketing professionals. Being able to organize using subfolders will allow us to clean up all of the assets (sequences, templates, workflows, etc.) based on team folders and then individual folders. I recognize we're not the largest organization using HubSpot, so I can only imagine what it looks like for enterprise organizations. 

Another thread asking for the same feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Creating-Subfolders-in-Templates/idc-p/319096

spasternak
Membre

Hubspot, please be responsive and add this function. Enough of us have asked for it. 

samglenn
Contributeur de premier rang

Anyone else wondering how many upvotes/replies it takes to trigger HubSpot's workflow to notify them to look at this? 😂

ramatoG2
Contributeur

We absolutely NEED this functionality. We have 100+ sales reps using HS, in addition to 50+ marketing professionals. Being able to organize using subfolders will allow us to clean up all of the assets (sequences, templates, workflows, etc.) based on team folders and then individual folders. I recognize we're not the largest organization using HubSpot, so I can only imagine what it looks like for enterprise organizations. 

Another thread asking for the same feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Folders-Within-Folders/idc-p/319084 

tpatel
Participant

PLEASE DO THIS. Current lack of nested folders makes the Templates organization process very difficult. We use templates regularly and trying to stay organized with the current system is almost impossible.

Dbakotic
Membre

Hub Spot -- Please add sub folders to the sales hub document library. It is very important feature  to my company.  

H-Rob
Participant

Agreed. My team has a LOT of templates, and unfortunately since many are created by me (in marketing) they won't appear if the salesperson searches for theirs, even though I made them for each particular salesperson. If there was a way to better organize them while being able to view which ones are actively being used in sequences vs old ones we could delete (or even archive) that would be helpful. Going to Conversations>Templates doesn't give anything more than a long list, it doesn't show which are in folders, which are actively being used, only the name and the modified/created dates.

dchristiansen
Membre

Yes - A folder structure to manage my templates or sequences would be huge. The current state is neither user friendly or intuitive and it certainly is not saving me any time. There has to be a better way to organize the materials. 

ChannahStark
Membre

Exactly what I need 😄

DJBailey
Participant

Support directed me to make a post here, to add to the slough of comments saying the same thing.  Yet, i don't see any feedback from Hubspot employees.

This would be the simplest feature to implement, and I can not think of drawbacks that would prevent its activation.

Even if there are some I'm not considering, seeing as how this topic is almost 3 years old, and has plenty of attention, it sure would be nice if someone from Hubspot would make a comment about the reason why it hasn't been put in place.

brodycord
Membre

CAN ANYONE FROM HUBSPOT PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE?! We have been waiting for this for 3 years.... literally been a hubspot customer for 3 years and mentioned this multiple times since to many reps as well as here. Becoming very frustrating.

smccorry
Membre

This would be VERY helpful and reduce clutter in the system. Please implement this HubSpot!

Jricci11
Participant

Yes - would be amazing for organization. We need this!

TiagoS
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Thanks for sharing this idea @samglenn. Felt this pain point several times including today. 🙂 

LaiaBuhigas
Membre

Creating a folder inside another folder in Documents (SALES) would be very helpful to organize all the documents inside when you have lots and lots and lots of them! Thanks!

glencornell
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi Community! 

I'd like to provide an update on this idea, as it has not gone unnoticed!

We have recently been focused on developing other features in sequences related mostly to new functions when building and enrolling contacts into sequences. However, we are planning this year to shift a focus to the management and administration of sequences, enrollments, and user permissions. We plan to make this shift some time in Q3 of this year.

Adding folders within folders is a logical next step for the organization of a large team's sales content. Furthermore, it is something that you can already do within Marketing Hub content. As we begin to review "Folders Within Folders" specifically, I will update this idea post with our progress. Thank you all for your feedback!

Best,

Glen