HubSpot Ideas

YiRui_Chua

Flexibility to change line item currency in reports

Hi team! Suggesting this for a customer here:

Currently, we are able to change the line item currency depending on the deal currency itself. But there will be occurences where we want to keep the deal in the local currency, but be able to sum up total revenue for a certain product in the same currency.

Just to give you a quick example:
Sold Product A to customer in US in USD
Sold Product A to customer in Singapore in SGD

Sold Product A to customer in Thailand in Baht

If we were to add these amount together in report by Line items > it will show up as a total sum regardless of the currency the product is sold in. This makes line item reporting limited. Hope we can look into this!

27 Replies
CBrinkhof21

Super important!

Josephat
Participant

We had a similar challenge where we have different products under our line items with varying currencies. We noticed that while reporting revenues, the the total amount was considered without consideration of different currencies. It summed everything up together without the exchange rate. Surely hope it's looked into.

CBrinkhof21

We were able to solve this problem using Ops hub's formating options in workflows (Looking at currency of deal and converting it based on our set conversion rates). Not perfect but could help!

Josephat
Participant

Yes, I used the Ops hub's formating option in the workflows to solve this issue however, I believe this is a basic functionality that should come with the HubSpot without the need to spend another +7000 USD/yr for a calculation. Just saying 🙂

CBrinkhof21

Agree 100%, just thought I'd put it out there

JMogard
Contributor | Elite Partner

This would be great

ameliak

This is critical for our reporting on package deals with multi currencies. I am actually a bit shocked that this is not supported already

AMcConville

Agreed this is critical and would seem a simple back end update to convert the line items into company currency.  

Franklandsam
Participant

Agreed, we are able to create currencies and hubspot will convert the deal amount, but not the line items for reporting?  Seems like an oversight, surely this can be added easily!

JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

This is a real problem with the teams I work with too, as we cannot accurately report on differing line item types (ie software vs services, or recurring vs one-off sales) totals within our Deals and across different currencies, and not to mention the lack of automatic currency updates!

One other major issue the finance teams have that they're pulling their hair out over is that the non-account currencyy prices become outdated when the FX rate is changed as that static value doesn't have a consistent rate to convert against.

Given this is a long existing, built in feature for Deal objects, I'd have thought it would be relatively easy to roll out to line items too?

K_S
Participant

Hi @Josephat and @CBrinkhof21  would you be able to share a screenshot of what your solution looks like in Ops Hub?

CBrinkhof21

@K_S Unfortunately back to square one, cost of Ops hub ent too high!

KOrosz
Participant

We have the same problem exactly. This should be a basic feature. Upvoted!

MDickinson16
Participant

We also need to create a report showing value in company currency (GBP) of each product purchased.  This is not yet possible.   I can view a report showing all deals in GBP - but not by product.   

SarahBeck
Participant

Agreed - this is a critical piece of functionality to make product and line items usable for companies selling globally.  Seems like a pretty big oversight if you can't generate accurate reporting.

AGrant

This is super important to us and we thought we would be able to do this when purchasing - now while making our reports we see its not possible. Does anyone have a workaround for us to use in the meantime?

GWebb6
Contributor

This is a really important feature, we need to be able to report line items in company currency as well as the currency the deal is in - also interested to hear of any work around (especially if the workaround doesn't involve Ops Hub!).

AstridvanDam
Contributor

We absolutely need this!

hellokyliep
Contributor

Critical functionality, as multiple currency reporting for line items is needed globally. 

JVale-Wycoco

Do we have an update on this, this is essential to our reporting.