HubSpot Ideas

flippyfloppies

Freeze the first column (with contact or company name)

There have been a lot of posts asking to freeze the first title row, but I'm surprised there's not more requests for freezing the first column, like you often do in Excel.

Right now, I can edit the columns available to view under table actions (which is super), but realistically, I can only view ~5 of those columns at a time anyway, before I have to scroll over to the right to see more of them....at which point I no longer am able to see which company/contact's row I am on (unless I manage to continuously hover my mouse over that row while scrolling right). 

Please make it so I can freeze the first column with contact/company name!

PS a bonus level would be to have the option to freeze multiple columns as well, but the first is absolutely the most important.

92 Replies
parsylAL
Participant

Hi there - it'd be very helpful to have the first column (or 2) on the table view of a Deal pipeline freezable (as would be possible in Excel or Sheets). When I scroll to the right to look at values for different columns/fields, I lose track of which Deal I'm on! (We have about 15 columns in our pipeline table view, so they don't all necessarily condense.) 

pchan2

I would suggest HubSpot to add a function allowing users to freeze the column at the left  of the table view in order to keep visible when I scroll to the right of the columns? 

Thank you very much.

noramv
Participant

All of this. I use the contacts filtering A LOT and have so many columns that Im looking at. By the time Im done scrolling to the right Ive basically forgotten who I was looking at. 

Would also be great if the width of the columns were even a fraction easier to resize.

BLay

Yes, please add this funtionality to the first columns in lists!!! It would be extremely useful to freeze it and scroll easily! 

Thanks 

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

2021-05-11_7-50-21.png

BLay

Hi,

I don't understand what you are doing in the above screen shot. Can you please add more details?

Thanks 

JBlackburn

I want to complain that my coolumn widths in my contacts view will not stay how i set them.

Every time i go back to the view, the columns are spread as wide as possible and then have to make thin as possible to see more info --- and repeat.

I've done 100 times since I started and now finally opening my mouth.

How do i freeze my column width in setttings so i can see the most info in my views?

jash

Freezing the first column is essential... in Excel you can freeze multiple columns which is ideal... This would save a lot of time and energy that is wasted by scrolling back and forth; increasing productivity and ease of use.

Thanks

sbacookie
Contributor

When you have a lot of columns in a list or table in HubSpot in can be troublesome to analyse since the name columns disappear when "scrolling" to the right. It could be nice to fix on or more columns in place so, lets say the name of a contact or company, is always shown when you look at all other columns. 

KarthikC
Top Contributor

I thought this was the ideas forum? It would also be good to have the headers on top stay visible when you scroll down. This has probably already been requested quite a bit considering how basic this functionality is... (like freeze panes in excel)

AWarzynski

Yes please HS this is so basic. 

michaelpalmer
Contributor | Partner

Yes, this is a no brainer.  Please add this to the roadmap.

AndreiF

I agree, yes please let us freeze the column(s) from the left, and also save the column sizes in main contact/company/deal views.

CSchroeder8
I agree with AndeiF!! These are indeed two in my top 10 list of features
that I wish were available in HS. I spend way too much time adjusting
column size to see everything I need to. And even more relevant is to
freeze the first column on the left.
jash
Yes that is very annoying the column width is not able to be saved
TNelson1

The first column in object lists should be frozen when scrolling to the right so we know what line we are looking at.  It'd be nice to be able to freeze multiple columns if we want but thats not what Im requesting.  It should just be defaulted to freeze the first column.

LY
Contributor

Agree. At least freeze the deal name/ID since we can't move that from being the first column anyway and it's probably what most people would want to freeze.

But even better, allow any column to be dragged into the first slot and frozen or allow multiple frozen columns.

LY
Contributor

Agree, at least freeze the deal id/name column which always has to be in the first slot anyway.

Even better allow any column to be dragged to first slot and frozen, or allow freezing multiple columns.

Frodefox

Please implement this. It is so annoying to not have this functionality. Frankly, I think it's a major design error and only acceptable if you don't use these tables much at all.

BDegen

Very useful and a must have.. When does Hubspot have any feedback on this?