HubSpot Ideas

efaria

First Time to Respond and Time to Close in Business Hours

Hello,

It would be beneficial to be able to have the ability to set the first time to respond and time to close tickets in working business hours.  Currently, when generating reports for the average time to first response or average time to close, it takes into account nights and weekends vs. actual business hours.

When creating workflows within HubSpot, there is the ability to adjust to business hours (as shown below), it would be an enormous benefit to be able to have this similar feature when responding to tickets etc. to be able to report accurately.

efaria_0-1672319657775.png

Also tried playing around with SLA's, but within the reporting it also doesn't provide this property, the only reporting properties available are SLA status and SLA date.

Best,

Ellen

16 Replies
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner

I think this is an awesome idea and would prevent the reporting data from being skewed. It could also help give Service Hub users a better sense for when they typically receive the highest ticket volume (i.e., how many come outside of business hours).

Hopefully HubSpot considers this update! Thanks again for sharing your idea, @efaria!

MoBlack

@efaria This request have been reported 3 years ago, but it's not on the current planned feature list with as many upvotes as this had and is very important to anyone using Services it might get fixed in another 3 years --- https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Time-to-Close-and-Time-to-First-Reply-Taking-Business... 

BGray1

Couldn't agree more - the fact that it takes out of hours into account makes the whole report useless. How can you use the reporting function for KPIs if its taking incorrect data into account. Without this the whole report is completely pointless!

JAxani
Contributor

It's nuts that it doesn't work like this! Our whole team is in the dark because we don't use tickets for client inquiries but rather the inbox and deals. 

MihaiLove
Participant

i have a similar situation ... i just want reports to take into consideration working hours set in SLA.

I have tried creating custom reports also with the help of ChatGPT and ChatSpin .... zero succes.

I described my situation here - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tickets-Conversations/Report-that-shows-agent-times-that-takes-into...

It's really silly that Hubspot does not have standard reports for this or just a layer of business hours that you can overlap on regular first time response & ticket close-time reports. It makes the working hours functionality completely useless 😞 

JWales

I'm having the same issue , the service analytics are showing ticket and chat response times of several hours because emails/chat are received outside working hours. This is a bug , not a feature request. The times are wrong!

The service analytics should take awlays take into account the office hours and stop timers when staff aren't able to respond.

BGray1

Is anyone at Husbpot looking at this? There are multiple versions of this submitted spanning back years and it seems nothing is being done about this despite it being such a problem - it makes the whole reporting system flawed.

SarahBarad
Participant

This is one of the reasons that we upgraded to Service Hub, is to have better data about agent response times. It is virtually useless if it doesn't take into account the hours when the business is closed. If our business hours are 8am-5pm, it is not fair for the agent to have long first response times if someone sends an email 11pm and the agent responds at 8:01am. With the current set up, that would calculate the first response time as 9hrs, instead of the 1 minute that it actually was.

EStyles

This should be a basic that is provided very much standard with other ticket systems, seems strange for Hubspot to be so far behind the times. 

ATee

Agreed that the reporting is useless without the ability to only take into account business hours - and this is a standard "tablestakes" item with other ticketing systems. Our team is going to try to export the data and build a spreadsheet calculator to do this manually 😞 😞 😞

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

For Service Levels we need to be able to report on how many Tickets were generated within v outside of Business Hours. So we need a simple way to show/categorise this.

Business Hours need to take into account several factors:

• The client's location
  • The office hours of the company's support
  • The working hours of users

We should easily be able to compare across regions/timezones the number of Tickets raised. 

VCunningham

Agreed. We need this too.

EStyles

Hey Hubspot.

Please update this you seem hot on increasing pricing and adding AI but not what your customers are asking for why is this? 

MarketingAllDay
Participant | Elite Partner

This is a huge pain point we're getting from clients. They are basing performance on Time to First Response and Time to Close, but since the data is skewed by non-working hours and weekends the data is inaccurate.  

It's important to note that they get this from other systems already. So in migrating clients to HubSpot, there's a certain level of dissapointment there.  

COchoa60

Yes We need this! Please! 

SarahBarad
Participant

I agree with everyone else. The Agent First Reply Time should only be calculated during business hours and set SLAs. The faster an Agent responds, the better they are performing. This really affects the average time of Agent performance.