HubSpot Ideas

Steph2304

Filtering out internal events/meetings

Hi,

I have just learnt that meetings are 100% synchronized with Google Calendar, without the ability to filter out the internal ones or correct the activity manually afterwards. 

From my perspective, this pretty much makes the "Meeting" goals KPI somewhat useless unfortunately (and it does come as an unpleasant surprise when you realise this...).

Emails are blocked for our internal domains, it should be the same for meetings, really... 

20 Replies
sviebrock
Member | Diamond Partner

100% agree! I was quite surprised to see this as well. This definitely makes the meetings KPI and related activity metrics totally useless.

Jill_Creates

Ditto! Have either of you found a work around to this?

SpeakapInc

Same here, would like to hear a solution / best practice to not have internal meetings show up in the dashboards.

Steph2304

Update:

We found some workarounds but they're not good and cause headaches, in particular for all hands etc ("tagging" meetings as "internal" so HS can filter them). It works in theory, in practice we gave up after 1 day.

Conclusion : I've removed the meetings KPI and look at the others with...a grain of salt. 
V.disappointed, as this seems like a pretty obvious thing but...heh, who knows.

-1 for Hubspot in my book.

JakeW
Contributor

We need this. +1!

ChaosFreak
Contributor

Welcome to HubSpot! Where simple, obvious features don't exist and never will...

My meetings report is flooded with internal meetings, even though all participants' email addresses are in my company domain, and my company domain is set for do-not-track.  Also, there's no way to "drill down" into a meeting from the meetings report in the dashboard. You can't click and go to the meeting to record a note, read the comments or update the outcome, for example. You have to click into the contact, then find the meeting in the activity feed.

What is the purpose of a meetings KPI if sales reps get credit for internal meetings? We want to track meetings ONLY WITH CUSTOMERS. This should be simple to do for HubSpot. However, based on my experience having conversations with HubSpot representatives over the years, I'm not holding my breath.

I really don't understand how HubSpot has gotten so popular when it lacks so many basic features.

GMCurry

Yes we n eed this. It's basic.  Pleeeeeeeeeease!

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Completely agree, our daily stand-ups and internal meetings are skewing our stats. 

reycepeda
Participant

Not having a way to filter out those meetings is hurting our ability to correctly report. Moving away from Calendly is starting to seem like a bad idea. 

Carla
Contributor

Same! We would very much need this! Hoping for Hubspot to implement this feature 🙂

BKeeler

No filtering makes this report pretty much useless

KateEvans

We really need this, it's a basic function

GCollins97

is there an update from Hubspot product on this? It would seem simple to exclude a domain, or set of domains from meeting synchonrisation

Thanks

Would love to hear that this was fixed. Agree with OP - these numbers are useless if we can't distinguish client interactions from internal interactions.

Jonny_Rocket
Participant

How can email filtering be obvious, but not internal meeting filtering. Agree with OP but need the meeting KPI to be correct. It is not an option to remove the KPI.

luis_dadosfera

I found a workaround that helps: create a secondary calendar o Google Calendar and only schedule clients' (External) meetings. When connecting with Hubspot you can choose from up to 6 calendars per account.

Veycom
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi @Steph2304 and everyone, 

You may have resolved this already but you can create a new meeting type now in HubSpot. 

Settings >  Objects (Under Data Management) > Activities

Choose Edit options next to 'Track call and meeting types' and add a new one called Internal, or whatever. 

Once an internal meeting is booked, go into your contact record, select the meetings tab in the activity view and update the meeting type (Actions > edit, then change the Meeting type bottom left).

Your report

Reports > Analytics Tools, Sales Analytics > Coach Reps & Team > choose Meeting Outcomes 

Finally in the right column add filter, Call and Meeting Types, and leave Internal unchecked.

It sounds long-winded, it is a little to set up but a neat workaround that keeps everything in HS and you don't need to manage multiple calendars. Only to remember to update the meeting type once scheduled.

Hope that helps!

Kev

JeromeF

I have also the day off in hubspot, please provide a solution.

BLucassen
Participant

Hi Hubspot, is there already a solution for this besides adding in a new meeting type? I already excluded the email domains, so you would think that this would also apply to meetings. 

NHunt6

Hi,

Is there any update on this? seems like a pretty big flaw