HubSpot Ideas

elizabee

Filtering in Conversation Inbox

I would like more rich filter options in the conversation inbox. Currently, only very simplistic filtering options are available and you cannot save your filters. 

I would like to use filters for analytics and to make sure that our processes are working. An example of a use case is creating a filter of any conversations that don't have tickets associated with them or one of conversations that have 0 replies.

Adding the same type of filter system that is available in the ticket view would be awesome.

38 Replies
xjessiec
Participant

Also, right now the 'date' filter is by all time, today, yesterday, this week... etc.

Several staff from my company feedback that it'd be even better if we can filter by the exact date.

elizabee

I would like to add to this that now that I have added a second channel I also have no option to view just one channel. This makes the channel significantly less useful because it is difficult to sort out a large group of emails.

philmeneghini

I agree! I want to filter by email subject and it's not currently possible 😞

samara1
Participant | Elite Partner

This is an excellent idea. I also need this feature, but is not available yet. 😞 

alguil
Participant

+1 on this idea. It would also be nice to filter the conversations from the most ancient to the most recent, or to filter the conversation per email to look for potential duplicates (and then be able to merge it)

AndrewP
Participant

Conversations appears to be modeled on an email client's inbox but stops way short of the functionality that those provide. Rules based folders and sorting is much needed for those of us that have a catch-all inbox. +3 (for the others on my team!)

mocean

Another vote for more intelligent filters. And the ability to use those filters to skip the Conversations inbox and Support ticket creation entirely for emails that match the filter.

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. I am the Product Manager on the Conversations Inbox team. This is a big focus area for us in 2021 and you will see improvements - both in terms of the user experience and additional functionality - start to rollout in the next couple of months. 

I will keep this thread updated when we have this in beta and would love your feedback. 

Thank you, 

Vijay Vadlamani

AndrewP
Participant

Awesome!! Being able to comment @ team members and attach photos/videos to reply to contacts from within the app would be clutch

TKoch

Excited for the new updates to the conversation inbox!

Another function our team would love to see is being able to filter by multiple assignees at once.

We'd love to guinea pig any beta features too!

Thanks,

-Tyler

daveroma
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I have a client that would like to filter email conversations based on the occurance of a phrase in the subject line.

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 It would be great to have the ability to apply filters to only one inbox, and choose other filters for other inboxes. Currently there is no way to specify which inbox you wish to apply the filters to

Jricci11
Participant

+ 1 - filtering on subject line or body copy would be amazing.

PFraser

Yes!  I would like to create 'rules' like in outlook based on the subject of the email.  we get cc'd on all the reminder emails sent automatically to our clients.  We don't need to action these,it's just an FYI for us, but it can be anywhere from 5 - 200 emails, so would love to be able to set a rule to automatically mark them as closed.  We can't set a rule based on the email address they come from, because we get other emails tht DO need to be actioned.

clementetag

+1 - the filter for emails is just not powerful enough at the moment. It would be great to use workflows to create complex filters

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for customer here:

Currently the filtering options are pretty limited; excited to hear that more filtering rules will be set up soon! Would love to see us have the ability to filter by certain words or phrases in the subject line (:

AlexCalx

Hi, the filtering is pretty limited right now and doesn't  help much. Something as simple as searching by 'customer name' wont show up all messages related to that customer, even if using exact queries. Have to manually scroll through the inbox to find them...

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your patience here. We are looking to recruit customers for a private beta to help us get initial feedback on the new search, filter, and sort experience. If you are interested in participating, please sign up here - https://forms.gle/8bygLtZJVVrMgLDF7

agentlewis
Participant

I'd add to this and just argue that filters need to be for any channel - ie forms

At the momement they are just for emails and the UX does not make this clear.

Points to a complete disconnect between the UX designers and Function Developers.

Mordecai

I'd love to be able to filter by text in the subject,