HubSpot Ideas

SHN

Filtering Customer Contact Activities by HubSpot Owner

As a sales manager, it is critical to be able to filter out and measure only those activities that are done by a salesperson (HubSpot Owner).  

Presently, this can only be done by inspecting each individual contact and selecting the Filter Timeline option to remove the Marketing, Global and Integrations - leaving just activities initiated by the Sales person.  This is impractical for measuring a salesperson's activities across his client base.

Within Contacts main view and within Lists, after selecting HubSpot Owner to filter accounts for a specific salesperson we need the capability to do additional filters to show activities that are only done by that salesperson (or other HubSpot owner selected).  

Common critical measurements required with the ability to use Date filters to look at specific periods:

- Number of Emails Sent by a Salesperson to a Contact/Company

- Date of Last Email Sent by a Salesperson to a Contact/Company

- Number of Meetings a Salesperson had with a Contact/Company

- Date of Last Meeting a Salesperson had with a Contact/Company

- Number of Calls a Salesperson had with a Contact/Company

- Date of Last Call a Salesperson had with a Contact/Company

- Number of Deals a Salesperson had with a Contact/Company

- Date of Last Deal a Salesperson had with a Contact/Company

We need the ability to see if a salesperson is actively working their accounts.  Presently, reporting on Activities or Contacts with a client does not tell if the activity or contact was done by the salesperson or done by marketing (or another person that is not the HubSpot Owner on the account).

Sales people also need this ability to ensure they are not leaving their accounts untouched.  Having the correct filtering abilities will help sales representatives to quickly identify where they are doing well investing in accounts and where they need to invest more time.

11 Replies
Yazz
Top Contributor

I would agree with this great idea of yours. I would also like the "Last Activity Date" field to be able to filter by HubSpot Owner. This will tell me if anything was done by the person assigned to the contact (in our case the Account Manager). I will be able to set up a Workflow rule stating that if the [Last Activity Date] by HubSpot Owner is longer than [# of days/months] AND the Lead Status is equal to "New" then send an [internal e-mail] to HubSpot Owner to do something. This would be really helpful in making sure things are being done by the Team.

EFeeney

This would be very useful to me and my team. 

ychen
Participant

I agree! It will make a lot of sense to be able to filter Customer Contact Activities by HubSpot Owner and have the ability to see if our salesperson is actively working their accounts.  

Presently, reporting on Activities or Contacts with a client does not tell if the activity or contact was done by the salesperson or done by marketing (or another person that is not the HubSpot Owner on the account).

Yvega

I think would be a great feature to have!

V_Vides

Agreed and to be able to see over a date range and the Activity Date history be checked to see if a sales person had reached out to a contact during a set time.  Now if they contacted them on 1/15 and then again today, HubSpot will not show them as contacted on a report with the parameters of 1/1-1/15 since it does not look at the historical dates only the last one registered. 

GailB
Participant

This is a must for us too, HubSpot have assisted with a report and I am due to have a call with them this afternoon to discuss further, but it is a pretty fundamental report I would have thought that is required by everyone.  

I have set up various meetings in the drop down box to show each step of our sales process, therefore I need a report to show by customer, by Salesperson, by meeting activity who has had what and when....fingers crossed I get an answer this afternoon.

My next request will be can I show the timeline against the various stages of the sales process.

econefry

As a marketer who works with several sales teams on several products, I'd like to be able to filter the activity feed by the actions affiliated with only one user. The closer our reps work to C-level at the prospects, the more likely it is that multiple parties could be in contact with them. Also, from a user POV, the user would want to just filter for their own activity.  

rvandall

Since multiple people can be placing notes, calls and sending emails to contacts, being able to just see your notes is important.  This is a major concern for our individual sales professionals.  

breakthruchamp

I need this functionality as well.

DanCvet

Agreed this is very important for our business also - bump

KMarkowkski

Whyyyy is this not available now? ???