HubSpot Ideas

Frank

Filter using relative date values ("TODAY" etc.)

Hi there, we really need to run filters on dates using relative terms like "today", "yesterday" etc. -- Salesforce has this ability and it's extrememly useful: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=custom_dates.htm

Currently, if we want to run a List around our customers who expire at some point in the future, we have to go in and change the "after date" fitler each time to update the current date. (The rolling dates filter doesn't work in this case, because the dates we're looking for are in the future and not the past.)

Hopefully this is easy to do, thanks!

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
April 16, 2020 04:31 AM

Hey HubSpot community - 

We know date filters can be a pain point for many of our users. We are currently reworking some of the "wiring" on our filters system which will set us up to be able to add consistency to our filters. Part of that will be introducing relative date filters where they are not currently available. 

Thanks

175 Replies
alicebro

Any updates? This seems like such a trivial and simple thing to have. You would think that using "less than 1 day ago" could be a workaround for "today" in the meantime but even that doesn't work properly in our workflows... 

kramersharp

Ah figured out where this is located in the filters now

Gabry

I really need this in workflows and active lists so for example if "renewal is (last month)" I can set up actions to be based on those criteria.

boostmyemail
Participant

This idea has been around for so long and still not a thing. Please add this. 

StephanieF

Rolling dates on Workflows is a major pain point for customers I work with at my agency.

NMinton

Would love to see the ability for reporting based on dates as other users mention. Our team needs to be able to report on "time since X" across a variety of properties in HubSpot. This will enable us to better understand sales rep engagement, time since deal close with client accounts, etc.

IRKiroku

Four years in the making? Please realise this is something really important to your customers.

TClayton0
Participant

@hubspot Is there an update here??? This is basic functionality. I need to be able to select a view that shows me today, and before today, on a rolling basis. 

Falk_SR

@hubspot product team, how serious do you take customer feedback? Since the creation of this idea in 2017 there are now almost 500 upvotes and more than 160 comments.

CLubarski

This idea is necessary. This is causing a lot of extra work for us as we recently switched to HubSpot from a different system that had relative date filtering options. It is very difficult to recreate some of our simplest automated communications, including adding a duration of time (say a rolling 90 days) between re-entry to a workflow for things like surveys. Let's get this in Beta, HubSpot!

JLew3

I solved this by using "is more than" = "1 day ago".

PSchlank

JLew3 you are a lifesaver.  That worked perfectly

NKillick24

Hi everyone, thought I'd share some insight here to a report I've been trying to build. I found this frustrating but I managed to work it out. 

Basically I wanted a report to show how many meetings my SDR's had left to attend THIS MONTH from that given day. I found it really hard to figure out.

This is what I came up with, that seems to work:

- Activity date needed to be set to this month and;

- Another additional activity date filter to be set to show meetings on dates that were 'more than 0 days ago'.

Not sure if this helps anyone else.

NKillick24_0-1712933757601.png

jagjag92
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Not sure if anyone's figured this out, but I'm still looking to be able to create a list that's filtered by a date property where "Date is [TODAY]" is an option for selection. I can do this in an object's table and create a saved view, but I cannot use that same filtering in lists or workflows and I cannot save the view as an active list. 

Example: I have a date field labeled "13th Birthday" that populates the date that a contact turns (or turned) 13. When using advanced filtering under the contact table, I can filter that field to "13th Birthday is TODAY", however, the filter selection of TODAY is not an option when filtering the same field in a list or when using the field as filter criteria in a workflow. I want to simply be able to use this as filter criteria in an active list so in an email workflow I can say "13th birthday is after TODAY", with TODAY not being a static date. 

Any workaround ideas??

ATse

Hey all - you can try out this app integration "Tick Tock Today" that simply puts today's date on an object of your choosing: https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/5252226/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/ticktocktoday-1928474

Its a simple integration that works pretty well!