HubSpot Ideas

Frank

Filter using relative date values ("TODAY" etc.)

Hi there, we really need to run filters on dates using relative terms like "today", "yesterday" etc. -- Salesforce has this ability and it's extrememly useful: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=custom_dates.htm

Currently, if we want to run a List around our customers who expire at some point in the future, we have to go in and change the "after date" fitler each time to update the current date. (The rolling dates filter doesn't work in this case, because the dates we're looking for are in the future and not the past.)

Hopefully this is easy to do, thanks!

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: In Planning
April 16, 2020 04:31 AM

Hey HubSpot community - 

We know date filters can be a pain point for many of our users. We are currently reworking some of the "wiring" on our filters system which will set us up to be able to add consistency to our filters. Part of that will be introducing relative date filters where they are not currently available. 

Thanks

172件のコメント
TomasBondesson
メンバー

We also need this! It is sad to see how long this case has been going on...

cfinsness
参加者

Any updates here...? 

AlexMueller
メンバー

Any update, after 2 years of last reply?

cfinsness
参加者

I recently found out that one possible workaround to filter on something happening "in the future" is to use the filter "is more than X days from now" -

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 11.53.40 AM.png

I didn't realize this existed so wanted to share here, as it might be a workaround for the lack of Hubspot's relative date options. 

Note: I used this on the contact property 'date of last meeting booked in meetings tool'. 

TomasBondesson
メンバー

@cfinsness where do you find that filter? What field and object are you using the filter on? When I use the filter on a Date field (for instance Close Date on a Deal) I have the following filter options (the one you refer to is not there ...):

DateFilter.png

cfinsness
参加者

@TomasBondesson It’s a filter on the contact property, in this case I’m using ‘date of last meeting booked in meetings tool’.

Maybe you try copying the Deal property to a contact property to use that filter?

Kjohns01
参加者

Is there a way to filter workflow triggers by "marketing email" sent "within last XX days"? Or can you only filter by a set date range (Ie. Marketing email sent between XX/XX/XXXX and XX/XX/XXXX)?

SGniedziejko
メンバー

@bkeller Any update on this? Seems like it's been in the "planning" phase for 2 years now. Using relative dates to create lists or trigger contacts into a workflow is extremely important and a key element of a successful marketing automation program. I hate to be THAT guy, but I am pretty shocked that this is still not a available feature when most (if not all) of your competitors offer it. What needs to be done to prioritize this? There's clearly a demand for such feature. 

JMartin2
参加者

Same here, I have a dynamic list that wont filter a custom date property with the value i want - today. Seems a basic when dealing with date objects. I would go further to say that it needs today and an option of +/- days, months, years.

artlorente
メンバー

So very much needed, please implement!

tonylenyc
メンバー

How is the not done yet? This seems like such a basic filter that people in this community have been asking for years. 

Here is a workaround I figured out. 

1. Create a List - Active List

2. Contract properties

3. Last activity date

4. Choose the right criteria sutied for your needs. You will see that some of them will give you a days option rather than just using specific dates.

5. Create the workflow and use the List membership as the trigger to move any of the leads on this active list into a new owners name.

MichaelC
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

In the companies (or any object really) view we want to be able to set a filter with rolling dates.

Example

Company A has the property "No followup needed before" - value: 2022-12-31

In the filter I want to be able to set "no followup needed before" is before today (rolling date). Also I would like to have an "OR" filter - "OR is empty". 

YRausch187
メンバー

For Report / Dashboard filters and Company / Contact views those dynamic filter are a must. I wonder that such a feature is request years ago, planned since 2 years and no update yet.

When we get this as this is really important to do.

antonia_kraft
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Hello, are there any updates on this topic? It is highly efficient for all kinds of automations, so i would think HubSpot already wrapped their heads around how to develop it.. still after more than 2 years its still in planning. Any ideas about when this will be in place?

3remes
メンバー

pls add this so that i can have an active list with the filter xxx_date = today

abs_sam
メンバー

Yes, why has this not been added yet? bkeller mentioned that it was being reworked as of April 2020... there's no way it's that complicated to add something like (today)(-Xdays) when you're trying to filter by last activity/modified date. Having to update the actual date every time is super annoying. 

CWoodforth
メンバー

Hey Hubspot, it's been a few years since you said that this is being worked on. Any updates on when this will be up and running? 

rwigham
メンバー

Any update at all on this? The X days from now is not consistent and causes a lot of issues. It is not an apt soloution. This feature is still very much needed in 2023.

BMilaszkiewicz
投稿者

HubSpot what is the update on this? It's been 'In planning' for actual years now! I imagine that the 450+ users that have upvoted this, like me, would really appreciate some sort of update on when this will be done.

LY
投稿者

I like what I'm seeing along these lines in the task filters so far, but there's one more combination I think a lot of people would use. I would like to create a task view that displays tasks "if due date is today or if due date is before now". I want to see everything on my to-do list today, regardless of whether the time of day in the due date has passed, and anything I didn't finish in previous days at the same time.