HubSpot Ideas

Frank

Filter using relative date values ("TODAY" etc.)

Hi there, we really need to run filters on dates using relative terms like "today", "yesterday" etc. -- Salesforce has this ability and it's extrememly useful: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=custom_dates.htm

Currently, if we want to run a List around our customers who expire at some point in the future, we have to go in and change the "after date" fitler each time to update the current date. (The rolling dates filter doesn't work in this case, because the dates we're looking for are in the future and not the past.)

Hopefully this is easy to do, thanks!

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: In Planning
April 16, 2020 04:31 AM

Hey HubSpot community - 

We know date filters can be a pain point for many of our users. We are currently reworking some of the "wiring" on our filters system which will set us up to be able to add consistency to our filters. Part of that will be introducing relative date filters where they are not currently available. 

Thanks

172 Comentarios
pdubuque
Miembro

Very odd that you cannot create a rolling forecast.  I had an exchange with support and they don't quite understand that sales forecasts happen in the future.  They keep explaining that I should look at the Past 90 days for a sales forecast.  That just doesn't make any sense at all.  Is anyone looking at a forecast based on Deal close dates in the past?

sciavarra
Miembro

This would be REALLY helpful. Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIN, and more offer this feature. It would be helpful for HubSpot workflows to be able to do so.  Example: I have a field called Demo Date. I need to know if it is scheduled (meaning the date is in the past) or it has been completed (meaning the date is today or later).

Tada41
Miembro

This is indispensable

For example, I’d like to make a different offer to “a company that has received an order within 3 months”.

Unfortunately, this is not possible now.

Haywire
Miembro

Nearly three years after original idea posted and still not a feature.  This is silly.  Very needed feature.

thisisdatis
Colaborador

189 upvotes on this one over 3 years - when is this going to happen HubSpot? 

You can't call yourself a CRM and not have basic reporting functions that are applicable *accross the board* on all your objects. It's crazy that for some objects you can filter by rolling dates and others you cannot. 

Is there a timeline for when this will happen? 

TSchwennesen
Miembro

Hi hubspot Team,

it totally agree to all the others. This a one of the basic feature we need for a standard reporting. 

We have the impression, that we have to do the fully reporting within e.g. google data studio. 

Hope to see this feature very soon. 

Best

Torben

MetricMission
Miembro

It's stuff like this that makes hubspot a MAP trying to be a CRM as well. Reporting functionality is heavily lacking; rolling dates is a pivotal field for both automation and reporting.

sfloehle
Participante

Yes please! We have plenty of use-cases that require relative date filtering. A simple example would be that we need monthly birthday lists in order to throw some nice words to our contacts...

tvilon
Participante

We definitely need the capabilities for Saved filters to be able to filter with : 

date_attribute

* Is before X days after today
* Is after X days after toda

X could be negative or we could have more options like : 

* Is before X days before today
* Is after X days before today

johnwilliamcook
Participante

This would help me build automations and reports that trigger and update as events or other relevant dates pass.

My immediate need is to separate upcoming appointments from past appointments, and to trigger workflows and reminders for past appointments.

This is one of those "gotchas" for me, coming from Salesforce. Overall, I love HS, but this one hurts.

rexgalbraith
Participante

Yes please

-Nicolas-
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

Hello Hubspot !

If we could have rolling date for our filter, our weekly sales meeting will be reported directly in our pipelines in Hubspot, instead of duplicating data in XLSX or DOCX.

That willl encourage sales people involved in cleaning and have their deals up to date.

Thanks

JPowell1
Participante

Please can we have an update HubSpot? 

It's been in the same stage for 3 years and attracted a lot of attention.

This is a painful limitation when reporting.

Thanks

MissTipsi
Colaborador líder

I can't believe this hasn't been made a serious priority. Not only is there no inbuilt relative date functionality, the operators are limited in so much as in Lists, it only allows ">" than and not ">=". And I don't even think the available operators are consistent across Lists, Workflows etc

thisisdatis
Colaborador

Such a critical functinoality. 207 upvotes. 3 years. What's going on? Please provide an update.

riwern
Participante

As a new customer this lack sure was unexpected. Made working with lists and workflows much harder and introduces more manual work.

dbower44022
Participante

This is crazy.  The CRM we used 10 years ago let us filter by dates > today, etc.

JK1
Participante

P.S. Happy 3rd birthday to this idea Emoticono riéndose a carcajadas

Elsystems
Participante

Looking for updates on this request too.  This is a basic feature of many similar programs.

IanA
Miembro

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I'll EVEN COME OVER AND CODE THE FUNCTIONALITY FOR YOU!

THIS IS SHOULD BE SO VERY SIMPLE TO IMPLEMENT.

GET ONE OF YOUR JUNIOR DEVS DO TO IT!!!!!

3 YEARS AND STILL NOTHING. UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!!!