HubSpot Ideas

Frank

Filter using relative date values ("TODAY" etc.)

Hi there, we really need to run filters on dates using relative terms like "today", "yesterday" etc. -- Salesforce has this ability and it's extrememly useful: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=custom_dates.htm

Currently, if we want to run a List around our customers who expire at some point in the future, we have to go in and change the "after date" fitler each time to update the current date. (The rolling dates filter doesn't work in this case, because the dates we're looking for are in the future and not the past.)

Hopefully this is easy to do, thanks!

172 Replies
JoseHan
Contributor | Elite Partner

Super frustrating. Trying to set this rolling-date logic for Activities but you can't. Please fix HubSpot! 

JoseHan
Contributor | Elite Partner

Dearly need this in order to set up any kind of rolling logic that uses the Activity conditions. Upvote! Please implement. 

MichaelUmbian

My issue/request is relative to the rolling/relative definition of TODAY specifically in the "is between" filter, in particular for using the LAST ACTIVITY DATE property used to filter results, in this case, for the deal dashboard to show only those deals that have had activity IN BETWEEN a chosen date in the in the past (for instance exactly 7 days - one week ago) using the calendar function and TODAY (when presumably we are running accessing this filtered deal dashboard right before a weekly sales update meeting). It's great that the calendar widget (that appears when clicking on either one of the fields to enter the FROM and TO date range) has the TODAY button, however, if I save the filter, it doesn't maintain the rolling/relative definition of TODAY. It keeps it deconstructs the TODAY and changes it to today's date and therefore if I access this named deal dashboard with this save LAST ACTIVITY DATE filter, it uses the absolute date (whatever the date was when the filter was saved) and not the relative date (whatever the date actually is TODAY when I am accessing the dashboard). 

Is there a way to change the use of the TODAY button in the calendar such that it is relative value and not an absolute so this dashboard with the intended weekly use purpose would work?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Matija2209
Participant

Yes please, this is such an easy solution which would make a ton of difference.

Thanks,

Matija

rtruncale
Top Contributor

I am amazed and cannot believe that this feature is not available in HubSpot. How can this not be available? Any basic automation platform should have this option. What if you want to filter out anyone who has been marked a certain field within x amount of days, and then only send automated tasks and/or emails to those who meet a specific criteria thats say after 6 days, but not after 8 days - so on day 7, send this task to our team to follow-up and/or, send an automated email to the client.

Wordna
Top Contributor

Have you tried using Lists?  HubSpot support helped me create an Active List with "The contact property Last contacted is more than 30 days ago."

thisisdatis
Contributor

how are so few people having issues with this? How on earth do you plan to compete with salesforce as a CRM when you don't have a basic list building functionality. Also, why offer this on some properties and not others. Why can I filter by rolling date on a form but not on a contact? Would love to hear an explanation Hubspot. Huge miss.

thisisdatis
Contributor

Insanely frustrating that some properties (Forms) have this but others do not (contact and just about everything else). How on earth can Hubspot expect to compete against other automation platforms when you don't have the ability to filter based on rolling dates?!

thisisdatis
Contributor

It's absurd that you can use rolling dates within the contact object but not the deals object. Really disappointed that the best-in-class software that we have invested in does not have such a critical functionality. I moved over from Act-On and I am so shocked by all the features Act-on had that Hubspot doesn't. And Act-on is one of the worst in the game. Hubspot, you really need to get it together with this feature.

Matija2209
Participant

@thisisdatis does Salesforce have this covered? We moved to Hubspot from PD in hope of having better reporting it turns out that it's not so much better after all. It's really baffling to me that at some places you can have rolling dates and at other don't even if it's the same property! 

thisisdatis
Contributor

@Matija2209 in Salesforce you can use rolling dates IE 30 days ago and use relative date values IE Today. In Act-on you can use rolling dates as well. 

JPowell1
Participant

We really need to be able to report on  'Close Date' in the next 30/60/90 days etc. 

Similar to the rolling date range looking back (Last week, month, year), but looking forwards instead.

imanilea
Participant

I noticed that there is a new enhancement that you can select "from now" or "ago" for some date filters.  The probelm is, it defaults to "from now"... how often are people filtering to the future?!?!  Fix for this... please default to "ago".  Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 7.58.09 AM.png

JPowell1
Participant

@imanilea where did you see these filter settings? I'd like to test this with something.

It looks like you could use for reports such as 'Close date' is less than 120 days from now. Which would be good to see rolling date range of upcoming deals that are expected to close over the next 4 months, for example.

imanilea
Participant

@JPowell1 I was filtering a List by a date value.  Contacts > Lists

Sure filtering by close date date is a viable “from now” scenario. I don’t happen to care about any future metrics. So having to change the default every time is a nuisance.  

lalexander
HubSpot Employee

Agreed! Additionally, when using a contact date picker property, it's possible to use the "more than/less than X days/weeks ago" filters as list criteria. However, this isn't possible right now for company date picker properties. This is a key feature for list segmentation! Thank you!

AndrewDutchie

That is totally bizarre that this is not standard off the shelf functionality  -WHEN will it become available???

jemrich

We also really need this functionality. Just signed up in December and very disappointed to learn that this is missing.

slucas
Contributor

HubSpot - do you somehow not realize that this is still an open issue? 

There's so much inconsistency between where relative date ranges can be used... maybe it's an oversight?

For example: 

In a deal workflow, I am able to use a relative date range on a deal property, contact property, or a company property i.e., "More than 30 days".  (though unfortunately I'm unable to compare a date from one object type to another, i.e., "deal Create Date is after contact Became a Customer date")

However, in a contact workflow, I can not use a relative range on a deal property. 

So, for example, setting workflow eligibility to contacts where a new sales deal is created after that contact is already a customer, is impossible, unless I constantly go in and edit the workflow to adjust the dates to some arbitrary 'before' / 'after' static date selections. And there is no workaround I'm able to accomplish using a list enrollment, or by using the deal to trigger, and then from there enrolling the contact in the contact workflow.

(For this particular example, I have now discovered that I can create the enrollment criteria in a deal workflow instead of a contact workflow.  However, the end result of this particular workflow is to create a task notification assigned to the contact owner rather than the deal owner, and tag the relevant contact.  However, the deal tokens available do not include "associated contact" or "associated company", nor am I able to assign the task to the contact owner - only to the deal owner - which defeats the purpose.)

This is one (troublesome) example of the many inconsistencies that pertain to filtering with date properties, and automation abilities.  

It's exciting that HubSpot is building out all of these other products and features.  But as a customer, my ability to effectively use your growing suite of products is extremely hampered by some of these limitations that seem to serve no purpose and seriously require some attention.  This impacts our ability to create automation, some of our marketing criteria, and especially our reporting - all significant needs for an enterprise customer.

COReilly
Contributor

I cannot upvote this enough. Very surprised a rolling date range in the views filters isn't available.