HubSpot Ideas

Neal

Filter results in the Duplicates tool

The duplicates tool is a great addition for finding and addressing duplicates in the CRM. 

A welcome addition to it, however, would be the ability to filter the results by HubSpot properties so that users can target specific areas. 

For example:
I want to address duplicates in the CRM, but I don't want to edit contacts assigned to other users. Filtering to only see my contacts would really help get through the process when there are a lot of duplicates to sift through.

21 Replies
donnab
Participant

Great idea this is something that is really needed so that this can be part of the responsibility of the contact owner.  Hopefully this will be implemented. 

cgibbons

This would be really helpful! 

kelliego11
Participant | Platinum Partner

Absolutely - please add this feature - I don't want to sift through everyone else's duplicates to try to find mine.

brandene

YES!

TLStwvd

Agree.  I am helping all sales reps trying to merge duplicates and it would be nice to see what rep is assigned to what company.  Right now, all i see is "Company 1" and Company 2"

SarahG
Participant

Would be great to also be able to manage parent/child compaines with the same tool. Right now I'm having to create my own list of companies that show on the dup list before dismissing.

willsmith
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

This is absolutely necessary. Please also add filtering by current customer or show customers first.

dolphin_jane

Yes, we really need this! Also the ability to select 2 known contacts and merge them manually, when the same person fills a form twice with 2 different email addresses, or a company gets 2 entries because the automated detection lists their head office in a different country.

andrewmartin

Agree completely, then it would be the responsibility of the contact owner to keep their records up to date, instead of a "catch all" view

HKroon
Participant

I agree and woud like to see this very soon.  We have 2000 duplicates due to legacy imports and despperately need this.

PThomas
Participant

Great idea! This would be super helpful.

Daniel_13
Participant

+1 this would be extremely helpful for dividing up duplicate management to the person responsible for e.g. a certain region or type of customer

HMcLoughlin

Please please please!

It is impossible for me to dedup without this feature and unfair for me to ask teams to go through lists and look for names that seem familiar.

I have recently been told that some of our dups have two company emails - one primary, but I can't even filter to those and clean them up!

VCardy

Our CRM currently has 2,000 duplicates for contacts alone... and another 2,000 for companies. We have a sales team of nearly 100 people, and the ability to filter by the sales rep/user would be tremendous for us. We do imports from other databases pretty regularly, and oftentimes, that creates a mess of duplicates (even when we try to dedupe). To be able to look at duplicates for just one particular user would allow us to clean up records faster and more efficiently! This would also eliminate issues where two different people have the same contact (unknowingly) and are both communicating with the same person; however, they don't know they're both reaching out, thus confusing the customer and making a bad impression on our part.

Please help us out HubSpot!

JBurns7
Participant

Yes, agreed wholeheartedly. With so many different types of contacts or companies, having the ability to look at it in the areas you own, makes the effort less cumbersome. This should be an easy feature to add.

DChamboII

Here I am 3 years after most you folks and I have rhe same request.

Make this a reality HubSpot!

GeraldK

Hi,

Agree - manage duplicates is a nice tool but usless without having the ability to filter based on at least record owner (other filter options or based on properties like country are desirable!)'

@hubspot – Please add a filter option to the “Manage duplicates” feature. It’s a must have from our point of view!

rmurguia
Participant

Make it happen please! It is very useful and needed!

adzleach
Member | Platinum Partner

This is an absolute must-have feature for this tool to be anything more than an MVP.

cdhq_cpander
Contributor

Hi there, as recently a new beta was launched for Data-Monitoring regarding Duplicate record issues + notification to selected Hubspot users (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/data-management/data-quality-command-center#set-up-duplicate-monitorin...) I was really wondering why there's still no possibility to filter/manage duplicates by Hubspot users/owners. 😕 This would be now a even more logic and useful functionality - at least for Operations Hub...